Attire & Accessories Forum

Just found out I'm pregnant!

I have two ceremonies.  My destination one in Florida on March 23 and my family/friends symbolic ceremony/reception on April 18.

My dress is on order and I should be getting it soon.  Since I'm just 5 weeks ...I'm hoping to be fine for my March 23.  But I'm worried about the April 18, where I will be a little over 4 months.  We are on a strict budget for the wedding, so I'm not sure if we can afford another dress until it's closer time.  He wants to push up the date, but the only other date available is April 4, Easter.  And I don't want people to choice between coming to my wedding or doing Easter things.

My dress does have a corset back.  Could that possible help with the fit?

Re: Just found out I'm pregnant!

• Congratulations!

I wouldn't plan an Easter wedding.  First of all, if you're getting married in a church- or even out of the church but by a church offiant, I don't believe you're ALLOWED to be married on holy days.  That aside, it would still be very inconvenient for a lot of people and you may receive many declines.  Besides, it's only three weeks before your original date- I don't think it will be much of a difference.
  • I would NOT move it up to Easter. I for one would not go to a wedding on Easter I was invited to.  That's a family holiday and I would spend it with my family.  I would find it weird to receive an invitation to a wedding on Easter.

A corset dress will be much more forgiving so that's good. At 4 months, you'll probably just be starting to show and will probably be fine.  Just remember that you don't really need to eat for 2! haha
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • girlykittygirlykitty member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Thank you all for the congratulates!

I agree with not moving it to Easter...and will show FI posts if he fights the idea with me :-P

I think I'm just more upset that I went through months and months on trying on dresses, finally found one I liked, then may not be able to wear it for both ceremonies as planned!  sigh  But like KMM said, I guess it depends on how my body reacts.

I think I would feel a little better if I had a cheap backup plan, but when I did a search on ebay and there are only a handful of maternity dress for less than $200.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_just-found-out-im-pregnant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:0ace2394-012a-4028-94c5-617278594358Post:3b0dfa99-b0c0-4429-951e-5f6b6d0dd5b7">Re: Just found out I'm pregnant!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all for the congratulates! I agree with not moving it to Easter...and will show FI posts if he fights the idea with me :-P I think I'm just more upset that I went through months and months on trying on dresses, finally found one I liked, then may not be able to wear it for both ceremonies as planned!  sigh  But like KMM said, I guess it depends on how my body reacts. I think I would feel a little better if I had a cheap backup plan, but when I did a search on ebay and there are only a handful of maternity dress for less than $200.
    Posted by girlykitty[/QUOTE]

Try looking at some empire waist dresses if you think you may want a back up.  They will be flowy from below the bust down and will be forgiving if you have a little baby bump!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats on the baby!

I think the corset should help. I also agree about April 4, that's a bad idea, and it's really not that much sooner in comparison with April 18. You say that you're on tight budget..hopefully the dress will still fit in March for your destination wedding. Then perhaps you could invest a small amount on another dress, like Chelsea suggested, an empire dress.
  • Also check out bridesmaids gowns, you can get them in white and many now make maternity gowns. :) Could be a good idea for a simple, cheap second dress.

watters 2576 is cute and maternity gown as well. Check with pearlsplace and other online sites for pricing but houseofbrides shows it at 191.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards