Virginia

Florists in NOVA for a reasonable price

I am looking for a florist for an October wedding that is reasonalbly priced.  I am NOT doing centerpieces and just using petals on the tables with candles to cut down the costs.  The cheapest I have found so far is $1,600!  I think that is a little too high.  

I am using season flowers - roses & hydrangeas to cut down the costs as well.  Anyone have any other ideas/recommendations of florists in the NOVA area?
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Florists in NOVA for a reasonable price

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister used Karin's Flowers...she's in Vienna I think.  I have no idea how much it cost, but they were beautiful.

My recommendation would be to tell florists your budget FIRST, then what you would like to have (bouquets, bouts, petals to scattter, any large arrangements), and let them recommend what types of flowers will fit into your budget.  Even though roses are seasonal, they are still really expensive, and there might be a less expensive option that would still look really nice.    A good florist will be able to work within your budget.

If you absolutely have to have roses, then tell them this, and see what they say.  Maybe they can tweak the arrangements to include more of a different kind of flower to keep costs down.   

I think I'm paying about $1200 (in central virginia) for everything, including petals for the aisle, some hanging aisle arrangments, two large arrangements to flank the minister (it's an outdoor ceremony), centerpieces, bouquets, corsages, and boutiniers.   But I'm not using a single rose

DSC_9275
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting my flowers from Whole Foods.  The florist quoated me $50 for my bouquet, $50 for my bridesmaid's and $10-13/piece for my boutineers.  I'm getting calla lillies, orchids and hoping for daliahs.  If you are near Alexandria, VA give Fatima a call!  She use to own her own floral shop, so the arrangements of your flowers would be the same quality if you used a Flower Shop.
  • kimtrick1kimtrick1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    smoholland, I love that idea! I'm getting my wedding cake at Whole Foods and thought about doing my flowers through them, too. It's good to hear you're having a good experience with it. :)
  • QueenmomaQueenmoma member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am an intern for a floral designer in DC but I also do work on the side and looking to build my portfolio. If you still need wedding flowers you can contact me at RachelZiegler1@yahoo.com I can also send you pictures of work I have done in the past. Happy Planning! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards