Artist?

Favorite movie soundtrack?

A famous person who should act and nothing more:
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    What is your favorite museum?Natural History Museum....I love the dino bones. I am super original like that though.
    Artist?Vermeer. I think it was because I read that "Girl with the Pearl Earring" book and then fell in love with the movie.....ah, Colin Firth!
    Favorite movie soundtrack?I really like Last Kiss, Virgin Suicides, and Romeo and Juliet.
    A famous person who should act and nothing more: I know that Drew Barrymore cannot sing. But she knows this so I don't think she'll be singing in anything soon.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    What is your favorite museum? The Franklin Institute.  Hands down.

Artist? not sure...

Favorite movie soundtrack? I love all orchestral soundtracks.. this includes Braveheart, Ever After, Romeo + Juliet, Legends of the Fall... ahh.

A famous person who should act and nothing more: Alec Freaking Baldwin and Susan Annoying Sarandon.
  • Options
    What is your favorite museum? I loved the Smithsonian Natural History Museum in Washington, D.C.

Artist? Monet

Favorite movie soundtrack? Shakespeare In Love

A famous person who should act and nothing more: Pierce Brosnan

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    What is your favorite museum? Museo de Colchagua (http://www.museocolchagua.cl/) about 2 hours south of Santiago. It's got all sorts of stuff - from precolombian art to classic cars - but somehow doesn't feel random, just really really interesting. I'd love to go back with more time.

Artist? I can't think of a favorite favorite, but the first painting that came to mind was David's "Oath of the Horatii," so I guess David's up there

Favorite movie soundtrack? If muscials count then "Grease"

A famous person who should act and nothing more: Lindsay Lohan. Not party, not design clothes...just act.
  • Options
    Museum: never been to one...that's right I've never been. I would like to go to the Smithsonian though.
    Artist: hmmm... don't know
    Movie Sountrack: FOREST GUMP. great soundtrack!
    Famous Person: Joaquin Pheonix
    Anniversary
  • Options
    What is your favorite museum?
    Art Institute in Chicago
    Artist?
    Seurat...the guy who painted with dots. Or El Greco. His skies are so pretty.
    Favorite movie soundtrack?
    Sounds silly, but American Wedding, as in the third installment of the American Pie movies. That soundtrack is all kinds of awesome.
    A famous person who should act and nothing more:
    I can't think of an answer for this one.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I love seeing who everyone else thinks is just an actor or needs to stop expressing their opinions...lol. Good answers everyone.

And Meg, I forgot Degas. I LOVE that sculpture. We have one here at the Met and I have to see it everytime we go there!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Shorti, I think the Olsen twins are actually pretty good designers...they have some good-looking stuff, even if it's all way too expensive for me.

And Aerin, I too love the Getty! Have you been to the Getty Villa? I minored in classical civilizations, so I nerdily loved it.
  • Options
    I highly doubt that any of these celebrities design their own clothing.  I think they just put their name on somebody else's work. 

I haven't been to the Villa, but it's on my list.  Maybe we'll go there for Valentine's Day, since we went to the Getty for our first V-Day together.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    No, the Olsen twins really do design! I mean ok...I have not personally seen them cutting cloth. But they both seem to actually care about fashion (more than they care about acting, at least Ashley), and in general all the fashion blogs talk about them as the actual designers.

The Villa's a nice spot, I hope you guys like it.
  • Options
    Well, I stand corrected.  I'm not so sure about these other celebrity designers, though, especially since most of them don't appear to know which end of a pencil makes the magic marky things.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Yay Buttons!  Another Franklin Institute lover.

PS - your dress is beautiful!
  • Options
    I didn't know they had a more expensive line- I just remember all of the Walmart MK&A products years ago.
  • Options

Stina, did you ever see the movie "Degas and The Dancer"? Basically, it's the "story behind the sculpture". When I was in high school, I was obsessed  with the movie. When I was 16, I actually got to go to the Musee D'orsay, and I was pretty much "I can't do anything else until I see that statue", lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    haha, I have not seen it. I'll have to check it out.
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards