South Carolina-Charleston

Panicking

On Friday I went and picked up my dress! I should have been over the moon excited (and I was before I got there) but now im in panic mode/possibly losing my mind. Before I'd gotten my dress, I was anti David's Bridal bc i was convinced that It was just a bridal puppy mill. I ended up finding my dream gown there though and Had a wonderful experience that day. I got an email a few days ago saying that my dress was in and I needed to come by and get it. I knew going in that I didnt want to do the alterations that day bc i wanted to lose a little more weight and didnt want to have to pay for alterations twice. The lady who i was scheduling the appt was very rude however and kept insisting that I needed to make my alterations appt ASAP and when I told her I wasnt sure if I was getting bridal portraits taken she proceeded to explain to me that i was basically a basket case for not taking them! I made the appt for some time in may and went up front to actually get my dress. The same lady opened the bag and I felt right away that something wasnt right about the dress. I felt like the color was slightly off and i noticed beading in places that I hadnt noticed it before. I compared it to the pictures i had from the day when i tried the dress on and the beading was definitly there (which i a totally ok with) but the color still seemed off. Also, the price tag said a MUCH higher price than what I paid for the gown and when I initially purchased the gown It was NEVER mentioned that it was on sale. AND, when i tried on the gown, the lady helping me suggested that i order a 6 and have it taken in. When i picked up the gown on friday, the tag says that its an 8! I dont know if im being paranoid because I felt that the lady on friday was rude so im just in a bad mood about it, or if the dress that i took home really isint my dress 

Re: Panicking

• I would call them. I had a geat experience with DB!

I took my dress to Julius Alterations and had them done. Don't let the people there pressure you into buying something you don't need yet.

• Ive heard good and bad things about David's Bridal. Im glad to hear that you had a good experience though! Im going to call them when I get off work and hopefully get to the bottom of this!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_panicking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:76fca353-f19d-4bf9-b438-1622298eac57Post:8fc18488-9e82-409d-8f37-1c6a271051f5">Re: Panicking</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would call them. I had a geat experience with DB! I took my dress to Julius Alterations and had them done. Don't let the people there pressure you into buying something you don't need yet.
    Posted by Purple&7[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_panicking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:76fca353-f19d-4bf9-b438-1622298eac57Post:a4c7fef5-6c4c-4e11-a3d4-f94e4324ae21">Re: Panicking</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ive heard good and bad things about David's Bridal. Im glad to hear that you had a good experience though! Im going to call them when I get off work and hopefully get to the bottom of this! In Response to Re: Panicking :
    Posted by caseynm13[/QUOTE]

<div>Good luck! I'm sure it will all work out!!</div>
  • Okay! I am happy to report that the case of the sketchy bridal gown has (hopefully) been solved. When I got home from work i took the dress out and actually put it on. This was the first time that I'd tried it on since the day we initially went shopping and thankfully, I think I had just forgotten what the color looked like since it had been awhile since i'd seen it. The color was perfect when I put it on yesterday. Unfortunately however, the size was incorrect. I ordered a 6 and the size of the dress i took was indeed an 8. Fortunately since I had the reciept they "assured" me that the switch would be easy and that MY gown should be in within the next 2 weeks. Hopefull ill have nothing but good news to share when it comes in!
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I'm so happy that everything has worked out! Please share a pic of your dress when it comes in :
  • i will!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_panicking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:76fca353-f19d-4bf9-b438-1622298eac57Post:abb4f8dd-79b0-4a4e-82a3-0e85f81411ca">Re:Panicking</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so happy that everything has worked out! Please share a pic of your dress when it comes in :
    Posted by Purple&7[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards