Washington-Seattle

***TashaK24***

I clicked on your Knot page (the link within your Knottie name), and I noticed that your wedding date is May 7, 2011.

So is mine!!!  Sorry for the random page, but you are the first Seattle Knottie with my date Laughing, so I got a lil' excited!

Can't wait to find out more about your wedding!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: ***TashaK24***

• TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  That's actually our tentative date right now, since we're going to have to worry about a fiance visa (pain the !*%!!) but I think it's a great date :)

Tasha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with the fiance visa. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. We got our visa in May and started our adjustment process. :)
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I may take you up on that!  FI got a book "Couples guide to US marriage visas" and it's making me nervous!  We're starting to apply next month but I just don't know how long it takes and if we'll be able to get married in May!

Tasha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Well, there are other forums: visajourney.com that can be helpful.

For an example, we filed September 11 and actually received our physical visa on May 13th. So if you're planning for a May wedding now, you might be cutting it really close. What we ended up doing, because of not knowing when we would actually receive our visa (for some people it can be as short as 4 months, for others, it can go up to 2 years), we decided we'd get legally married whenever it got approved and then plan for something bigger later.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gulp, 8 months?!  We were hoping for a maximum of 6 months!  We're putting in the petition in a couple of weeks though, so maybe it'll be alright? I'm hoping our case will be fairly straightforward because FI and I lived together for a year before he had to leave (he was in the US on a J-1 visiting scholar visa) so we have a ton of documents for proof of relationship, like leases, bank statements with both our names on it, etc...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have any issues with our application, it just takes a long time to process. Basically, from what I understand, what happens is they give your application a barcode and then toss it into a file until the assigned adjudicator gets to it.

You should file before October 1st if at all possible, because that's when the new year starts for the US Government and a lot of delays occur when the fiscal year turnsover.

The current processing times look like they were the same as when we applied, 5-6 months, which only means it's 5-6 months for your application to move into the interview stage. I'll PM you some more pertinent details.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards