Nebraska-Omaha

Reviews of Hilton Downtown

I am newly engaged and planning a Christmas wedding next year I've been/seen/emailed about every venue in Omaha....has anyone had their wedding at the Hilton downtown or been to a wedding there?  Food is a little pricey...but I'm finding w/ rental and catering it's going to b pricey no matter where you go....we are having the ceremony and reception in one place....have you heard anything?  Thanks!!!

Re: Reviews of Hilton Downtown

• edited December 2011
    Do you mean the Hilton DoubleTree? If you do we had a few small issues with setup and staff, but over all positive and ended up beautiful. Here is a link to the slideshow:     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk6DaoRnCjM

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    If you're refering to the Hilton connected to CentryLink Center, I was at a wedding there last August and it was beautiful. Very nice reception room, good food, easy to park (they let guests use the back parking lot with direct acces to building), overall I was very impressed and the bride said they made things very easy as they took care of everything from dinner to cake to decotating. 
  • They have a great department there that takes care of pretty much everything. The employees do a great job and I think that they can include center pieces in for the price you are paying as well to save you money. They have a great set up and can work with any size group. So if you have 100 or 1000 they can work with you. The kitchen also does a great job and they work with you on the menu as well. You can ask to do a tasting and meet with the chef too if you want.

There are two other hotels in the vacinity that are managed by the Hilton brand but they are not the original "Hilton".  The Hilton Omaha is on 10th and Cass. THat is the one connected to the Qwest Center. Then there is the Hilton Garden In located right off of 10th and Dodge. And the Doubletree by Hilton which is off of 15th and Dodge I think.

• I attended a wedding at the Hilton conencted to the Qwest center in August 2011. The food was delcious and they work with some of the local restaurants too. The bride did stations and one of the them was sushi from Blue.

In talking with the bride about her planning, she couldn't have better things to say about the staff at the Hilton. She said her contact there was great and helped with everything and made the long-distance (the bride and groom live in Milwaukee now) much easier.
  • I attended a wedding at the Hilton connected to the Qwest center last year and it was gorgeous. The food was pretty good and the staff was on top of everything the whole night. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards