July 2013 Weddings

I have no motivation

I have no motivation to do anything for the wedding... I was really excited and got my dress and booked my photographer, but now I don't feel like doing anything. I don't really look at wedding ideas any more either... I feel like a bad person that I'm not in the mood to do anything, let alone think about  the wedding :/
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I have no motivation

• I'm assuming since you're posting on the July 2013 board you've got over a year to plan... So don't feel bad,take some time off and come back to it in a few months. :) As long as you have a place and a dress, you're good to go! :)
    - Melanie July 05, 2013
  • RailWayWifeRailWayWife member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    You have tons of time to go, take a break & forget about the wedding for a couple months then get back into it.
  • Ya, I don't have a lot of motivation to plan right now either. So...I'm not. The biggest thing - our venue (complete with food) - is done. The rest will fall into place. I've been really busy with other "life" stuff lately, and planning has had to take a back burner.

Although I'm starting to get back into it after a couple months lull. I think I want to go dress shopping on Sunday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I'm so hitting that point...it's gotta be healthy to take a few steps back, and spend a day, week, month, whatever NOT browsing theknot or pinterest or anything wedding related!!

July 2013 Siggy Challenge: Inspiration Boards!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I feel the same way right now too!!! Yesterday was our sons birthday so we took him on a picnic and played at the park all afternoon he is now two :( (i'm sad because he's growing too fast). We are also in the middle of trying to buy a house so life is just very stressful right now I don't think I can handle a lot of wedding stuff right now.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
  • I'm glad that I'm not the only one! I know that I have plenty of time to plan and that I can wait until I graduate in May and start working full time to get back into the planning :) Thanks for the post! It made me feel a lot better about how I was feeling. Have a great weekend!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2012
    It's okay!  It's natural to feel a bit burnt out.  I've had it happen a few times already and I've only been a member of TK since last summer.  Sit back, focus on non-wedding stuff for a while, and later the inspiration/motivation will come back.  You've got plenty of time! 
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards