Wedding Party
Options

How many people should I have in the bridal party?

Is the number in the bridal party based upon the number of guests attending the wedding ceremony? How many bridesmaids and groom's men? What's the average? Thanks

Re: How many people should I have in the bridal party?

• Options
    I have 4 BM and 4 GM. Only because I thought it would be nice to have even pairings. Also, it's up to you who you want in the party. I have my sister, two of my best friends and my FSIL. Choose whose the most meaningful to you and will help you get through wedding woes. I don't think that WP's are based on guest count because that's figured out later in the planning. Just do what you can afford, and who you feel would be most important to you in your life that you want to have them partake in such an important honor.
  • Options
    Ask whoever you want. There's no quota, the sides don't need to be even, and you don't even have to split it along gender lines (you can have your brother on your side, for example).

That being said, 8 bridesmaids for a 25-guest wedding is probably going to look silly. But if that's what you really want then that's your prerogative.

Don't pick your bridal party based on numbers. Ask your closest friends, and your fiance should do the same. Don't set out to have matching numbers or something that "looks good." The point of a bridal party is to include the people you love the best. And if you'd rather have just one or two people up there with you, or zero, that's absolutely acceptable.

We had my brother, my sister, and our two closest friends.
  • Options
    FI and I have six on each side.  We have about 150 guests expected.  FSIL and her H had six each as well, and had about 180 guests.

My brother is having about 120, and I think he and his FI have 3 on each side.

There's no rule at all.  Pick the people closest to you for that reason and that reason alone.  Numbers, or consideration of who can do more for you, shouldn't enter into the equation at all.
  • Options
    We have 6 each, and 110 guests. We probably have too many, but who cares, thats how many people we genuinely wanted and who wanted to be a part of the day!
  • Options
    I'm of the opinion that there's no such thing as too many within moderation, haha. I mean, yeah, having 28 bridesmaids is a bit much. But having 4, 6 or 9 doesn't matter to me.

The idea is to pick the people who you are close with who you want to have stand up and support you on that day. If that's 2 people, great. If it's 7 people, that's fine too.

I have 8 on my side and FI has 7. That's just the way it worked out. Our guest list will be arounf 150-175 though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards