Hawaii
Options

NWR: Workplace drama

And not your usual kind! Yesterday, my school had a visitor from a crazy guy with an axe. Seriously. One of our grade 7's saw him and noticed the axe head poking out from his pocket, and contacted the office. Our principal went out and talked to him, got all sorts of details (the guy was clearly not all there mentally), called the cops and pointed him in the direction of the bus stop. As soon as the guy *thought* he was out of sight, he turned around and came back to the school where the grade 7 boys were having a soccer practice. Thankfully the police showed up just then and literally had to take the guy down (bean bag gun).

Holy geez, you know? My school is in an upper middle class neighbourhood that doesn't see a lot of violence (unlike other parts of Toronto). Everyone here is pretty shaken up.

Re: NWR: Workplace drama

• Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!  How scary!  Thank goodness the student noticed the axe head and said something, too many kids would just blow it off and not think anything of it.  I'm glad everyone is safe!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    misslolmisslol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow.  That is scary.  As a teacher myself I really understand the danger in that sort of situation.

Does your school have a 'lock-down' policy?  We do here in Australia, where a siren goes off (like the fire alarm, but different) and everyone has to crouch under their desks and be quiet.  It's used in cases like that.
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh man, im glad nothing bad happened. thats super scary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We do have a lockdown procedure, though no siren! It was all very surreal, for sure. The guy, who was 20 and gave his full name and address kept saying he wanted someone to fix his watch.
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He wanted someone to fix his watch so he went to a school with an axe?  Yikes!  He must have some mental issues, how sad, but good that he didn't hurt anyone. 

Nothing scary like that at my work, but we did have an Anthrax scare!  A few years ago there was a guy up here who was upset with our office (gov't legal office), so he started sending used condoms in the mail, which is so gross.  Well, once he got done doing that he sent a white powder.  We all got locked inside the building for about 6 hours and the Hazmat teams came and were all walking around in space suits as we were just sitting there wishing we could go home.  It was crazy, but not scary like the situation you were in! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards