New Mexico

Reception Locations?

All I want for Christmas is to find a venue for my reception that will allow me to bring my own food.  I am going to look at the legion posts next week, but was really hoping for something more than a blank room.  Outdoor places with lots of parking and no extra visitors will also work.  Any ideas?  Please help!  Thanks.  (I'm in Albuquerque/Rio Rancho.)

Re: Reception Locations?

• achambelachambel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into the Albuquerque Museum?  They will accomodate weddings in their main lobby which is incredible, and you have to bring in your own food.  They do have strict hour restrictions though (you can't get in to set up until late afternoon). 

The Balloon Musuem will let you bring in your own food provided that you use one of their approved vendors. 
  • edited December 2011
    el zocalo in bernalillo is a pretty outdoor venue with indoor space as well and allows off site catering... however they charge 1500 for a wedding reception and have by the hour set up fees and you are responsible for clean up? 
  • edited December 2011
    Look at the local bed & breakfasts.  Most require you bring in your own food/caterer. You can find B&B in most parts of town - Old Town, Downtown ABQ, Turqouise Trail, North Valley, Edgewood, etc.

Also look at some of the wineries - Casa Rondena  or Anderson in the North Valley or Anasazi Fields up in Plactitas.

I alos like the outdoor place up on Sandia Pueblo - Los Amigos Round-up.  It has a bit of a cowboy feel, but it's a great location in teh bosque.
  • edited December 2011

I too would recommend El Zocalo, I will be having my wedding there this summer, but they must of changed there policy on set-up, because they are charging me a flat fee for set-up and take down.   The price also includes the use of tables and chairs I thought it was very affordable compared to other places I checked into.

• tepohltepohl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info.  We picked the Albuquerque Museum this afternoon.  They're letting us cater it ourselves and the indoor space can hold up to 450 people.  Very helpful for giant weddings.  :)  I'm very excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards