North Carolina

AW: First gift purchase

I needed to make a change to our first BBB registry earlier and our first gift has been purchased! I resisted looking to see what it is because I really do like surprises. My shower is on the 10th so hopefully I can wait it out :-)

Re: AW: First gift purchase

• meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww yay! Lol, how did you resist!?!??! 

We wen't to BBB today to update our registry and make sure we had the right towels and everything on there. I saw a few of the things that people had bought, but I couldn't not. lol  My shower is on April 10th too, so, now that we have our registry all fixed, I won't look anymore!! We also switched our cookware to the Calphalon Contemporary Stainless that you were looking at too. We had debated between that one and another and we just decided to go with that one because it was nicer and nobody had bought any of the other stuff.  
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was really hard not to look. I do know that it's not towels or the vacuum. I had to kind of look at that because that's what I was changing. haha. I made my changes then got off...I'm going to try my best not to look back.

We decided to register for the Calphalon stainless steel set. We just added 2 nonstick stainless skillets. I absolutely LOVE them now.
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you see that there's a difference in the Contemporary Calphalon Stainless set and the Contemporary Calphalon Stainless Non-stick? We didn't realize this at the store, but I figured it out online.  One has the stainless inside, the other has the non-stick coating in a light gray.  They're the same price. 

We've decided to go with the nonstick because its just like the black nonstick that we have a few pieces of now, but I think it looks nicer in gray. lol, just fyi.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did notice that there was a difference. After reading some reviews online I decided to go with stainless but I wanted to register for a few nonstick for items like eggs and if Josh cooks. haha.
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just started registering yesterday (exhausting!) and went with the Calpholon Contemporary.  We are debating between registering for the set, which I don't think anyone would buy, or separate pieces so people can do that instead.  But then I realized a 2 qt saucepan was over $100!  Did you guys register for the set or separate?

Also, I love that they have non-stick and stainless with the same look so you can mix and match!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A recently married friend actually recommended that we register for the set and each individual piece. If anybody got the set for us it would be our parents. If you get about half the set individually (depending on which items you get) you could return them for the set and have some credit left over to purchase other items you need but didn't get.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm gonna have a hard time resisting peeking, too! 

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards