Illinois-Chicago
Options

Tipping Photographer

I'm going to tip our independent photographers obviously.  But I'm not sure how this works?  We're tipping all other vendors at the end of the wedding (assuming this is standard).  But for photographers, they are still working hard on your pictures, album, disc, etc long after the wedding.  So when is it standard to tip them?  The day of wedding, after wedding?

Re: Tipping Photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot!  If we tip them weeks after the wedding, how do we let them know we will be tipping them eventually?  Awkward!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    is your photographer independent or work for a studio?
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my photographer is independant and at our e-pic session last week she mentioned that she thinks it's silly for a bride to tip the videographer or photographer before you see the finished product. Plus the tip that comes later is always a nice suprise when she does get it. I would wait until after you see your pics to send your tip!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks MrsPaps!  Love is Bald - they're independent.
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something you could do too is get your photographer something small...aka Starbucks GC for now and then the real tip after you get your finished product. That is what I am planning because I know she LOVES Starbucks!
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's common to wait to tip a photographer/videographer until you receive the final product. If they've been doing this for any length of time, they should expect that and it shouldn't be awkward or something you even need to address.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its fine to tip after the night. I assume the work will be good since that's why I hired him. I plan to tip just to say thanks for all the hard work on the day and up to that point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards