New Hampshire

Where to have the Rehersal Dinner?

Hey Ladies I need some help.  I'm getting married at the Castleton Banquet Center and I am trying to find a place that I can have our rehersal dinner.  It needs to fit between 20 and 25 people.  I'm not really too familiar with the Windham/Salem area so I was hoping that some NH Knot brides would be able to help me.  One place that was suggested by my venue was the Black Water Grill.  it looks pretty decent but I'd like some personal opionions of different places!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where to have the Rehersal Dinner?

• edited December 2011

I'm getting married at Castleton as well.  We were going to check out Black Water Grill as well. 

As of right now we're thinking the Common Man.  Prices are pretty good if you go with their catering menu.

My bridal party is from MA so we may go with someplace on 93 S as well.  If your bridal party all lives in the same vicinity as each other it could be an option to have it near where they live to help them out travel wise.

We're still looking at other options as well.  When we come across more I can give you more suggestions.

• MrsR0511MrsR0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at the Castleton and we looked at Black Water but decided to go with Common Man. They have two function rooms- 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs- that hold a max of 40 people. There are alot of restaurants around. There's Tuscan Kitchen that recently opened in Salem- the menu looks nice online but I haven't been there yet. There's a great japanese tapenyaki place called Tokyo Steakhouse in Salem. The ony downside is they don't have a separate room there and we hve a rehearsal dinner of 40 people so that wasn't going to work well for us. If there's a certain kind of food you want, let me know. I live in Salem so I know a lot of the restaurnts around. HTH!
    BFP 9/4/12 EDD 5/9/13 missed m/c 10/10/12 BFP 2/26/13 EDD 10/29/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Our rehearsal dinner is going to be at The Black Water Grill.  We also checked out Tuscan Kitchen....WAY too expensive!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Granite Rose, but our rehearsal dinner is going to be at the restaurant at the Atkinson country club.  FMIL took care of choosing the location and booking it, but she did say they were good to work with.
    Anniversary
  • Dalilah23Dalilah23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Black Water Grille has great food!! I also like the Common Man. There is also The Chateau off of 93S.
  • JuJuBee1977JuJuBee1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blackwater Grill is really good

Tuscan kitchen is excellent but really pricey

The Coloseum in salem is really goos as well

Good Luck!

Jules
  • knwithamknwitham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married @ Atkinson and our rehersal will be at Ricks Pond View in Kingston. We went there for dinner a few weeks ago and it was pretty good.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at Castleton in October.  We had our rehearsal dinner at the Chateau in Andover MA.  Our hotel block was at the Wyndham in Andover so it was very convenient to guests, especially being directly off the highway
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards