Honeymoon Discussions

Bora bora vs Cook islands

I was told Cooks are less expensive but not that exciting as Bora bora - it that true? When to choose BB and when Cooks? Are they the same wonderfull or not? Any idea??
...prease don't tell me that both are great, will not help WinkEmbarassed we have to choose only one. We have only 10 days to spend there...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bora bora vs Cook islands

• I haven't been to either but the Cook Islands was one of our top honeymoon contenders although we ended up deciding against it due to time constraints. I didn't want memories of my honeymoon to be nothing but that long plane ride.
    From everything I had read, the Cook Islands are much cheaper than Bora Bora like you said. Anywhere in the south pacific I think would be terrific.

I believe a nestie recently posted her trip report of the Cook Islands. You should try paging her/asking for information on the travel board over there. As a whole, the ladies are much more widely traveled.
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • The Cook Islands aren't as built up as Bora Bora is. Either is going to be a long flight, but if you're looking for something really secluded, I'd go Cook Islands.
  • I've not been to either place, but I would recommend looking at tripadvisor.com for reviews on hotels and activities.  Like anywhere else, it really depends on what you are looking to do there that will make one place better than the other.
    Anniversary
  • We are going to Moorea and Bora Bora next week for our honeymoon.  We decided to stay 6 nights on Moorea and 4 on Bora Bora since it was a little cheaper that way then 5&5.  It is expensive, but I thought if we are going all that way, may as well see the best!  because we may never go back haha. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards