New York-Western
Options

Buffalo planning help - Wish I had this 6 months ago!

I just got an email from Visit Buffalo Niagara and thought I'd pass this information along to you guys. I wish I would have had this info when I started planning 6 months ago.  I had read that some places will get vendors to give you bids to provide services for your wedding, but couldn't find it for Buffalo.  Well, they just contacted me! 

Here's the email:

Greetings!

My name is Dionne Williamson with Visit Buffalo Niagara.  Visit Buffalo Niagara promotes Buffalo as a convention and tourism destination. 

Just in case you’re not familiar with some of the services our office provides, please allow me to explain very briefly.  With regards to your wedding plans, should you need to find hotel accommodations (at least 10 rooms or more), banquet facilities, etc., I can assist you.  I can reach out to all our hotel partners in Erie County to find you hotel options to consider for your honeymoon suite and for your guests.  This is done electronically.  So instead of you calling around to various hotels to try to find accommodations, I can do it for you with a push of a button…at no cost.  I will gather the hotel proposals in a beautiful bid book and mail it to you for your review.  Then all you have to do is contact the hotel you’re interested in.

We can also provide you with free maps, restaurant guides, visitor guides and other materials for your guests.  So if you have family and friends that are interested to stay a little longer, they will have all of the tourism information they will need to get around Buffalo and visit our attractions.  On behalf of my wedding clients, I have also contacted the Mayor’s office to request a congratulatory letter for the Bride and Groom, which can also be included in your bid package.

Your wedding is fast approaching!  It’s certainly not too late for me to assist you.  Feel free to contact me should you have any questions or if you’d like to receive an information packet.  You can also stop by our Visitor Center located on the first floor.

Thank you so much for your time and remember assistance is available if you need it!  Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Best regards,

Dionne Williamson
Multicultural Sales Manager
Visit Buffalo Niagara
617 Main Street, Suite 200
Buffalo, NY 14203
(716) 218-2941 or (888) 228-3369, ext. 245
Fax (716) 852-0131
www.visitbuffaloniagara.com/" target="_blank">www.visitbuffaloniagara.com

Re: Buffalo planning help - Wish I had this 6 months ago!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They will do this for free?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yes, its free, at least the hotel rooms bids are:

"So instead of you calling around to various hotels to try to find accommodations, I can do it for you with a push of a button…at no cost."

I assume the other bids are too, but since I already have that stuff, I haven't contacted her for more info.  I might use her free maps, etc. for my oot bags.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    did this actually work? has anyone done this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards