North Carolina

Marriage License Q

I live across the border in SC but will be getting married in NC.  Would we apply for a marriage license in the County and State where the wedding takes place or where we live???

Re: Marriage License Q

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_marriage-license-q?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:cfac4d3f-cd63-4a2c-baf4-256c5a69bb96Post:694d9104-917a-4c54-8dae-4524c111205c">Marriage License Q</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live across the border in SC but will be getting married in NC.  Would we apply for a marriage license in the County and State where the wedding takes place or where we live???
    Posted by lacey3eb[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>You need to get the license in the state you get married in.  In NC, you don't need to get the license in the county you are married in... we live in Henderson county and got our license here, but were married in Iredell county... your officient will need to file the signed license in the county you applied for it in</div>
  • If I were you, I'd call the Register of Deed's office for the county you want to get married in and find out what their rules are.  I'm getting married in Northampton County and getting my license there.  You can get it up to 60 days in advance and we both have to be there with photo identification.  They asked me if either of us had been married before(we haven't) and said that we don't need a blood test or anything.  Hope that helps!
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks ladies!  I will call the deeds office and also check with our officiant :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards