West Virginia
Options

Berkeley Springs

I am getting married in Berkeley Springs in May at Cacapon Resort.  I'm from Clarksburg, WV though.  Does anyone know of any cheap photographers or cake bakers in the area? I've found a few online but I don't know whose good and whose not.

Re: Berkeley Springs

• Options
    criley21criley21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from Hedgesville, WV. I know of a great photographer in BS-- Otts, Happily ever after photography. She did my sister's senior pics and they were amazing. I have no clue about the bakeries tho :-) Hope this helps, lmk if you need to know of anything else. Your venue is awesome, such a pretty place to get married!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    shensellshensell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My reception is also at Cacapon. Can't help with photogs as I'm still searching for one, but as for bakeries, Keshia's Kakes is located right in Berkeley Springs. Here is a link to their site: http://keshiaskakes.weebly.com/index.html. I've never had any of their cakes, but I did notice on their webpage that they do event decorations and have pictures at Cacapon. Hope this helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Cacapon! That should be beautiful! I always recommend Brodie Ledford Photography....They are based in the Frederick/Hagerstown area.They do an amazing job and I know they will travel They also did a friends wedding that was 2 hours away and engagement photos... they were OUTSTANDING!  

Good luck to you and best wishes!

Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of your suggestions!!  I'm definitely going to look into Keshia's Kakes and the few photographers mentioned!
  • Options
    artemissinartemissin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a local bakery in Martinsburg that I pass nearly every day going to work.  She started this business on her own just because she loved cakes so much, and she's very personable.  As soon as I can remember the name/website, I'll add it here!

Edit:  It's sweet inspirations bakery, and here is their website.  My google-fu came through for me :3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ecs2014ecs2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Obviously this isn't an answer to your questions, but I've been looking at Cacapon for my wedding but haven't been able to reach anyone at the resort. Who did you work with?

• Options
    shensellshensell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Angie, the Group Services Coordinator.
  • Options
    Hello, I just happened to come across this. I am Keshia with Keshia's Kakes located less than 1 mile from Cacapon State Park where you will be having your wedding. I have done multiple weddings at Cacapon and worked with Angie on several events and even am a former employee of theirs from back in the day so i know the ins and outs of Cacapon. We also offer decorating ideas for their facicilities and rental items. Right now we are offering a promotional discount so please feel free to contact me at keshiaskakes@gmail or on our website to see our cakes at www.keshiaskakes.weebly com. Also for a photographer I would suggest youngblood studios out of hagerstown, md. Thanks and good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards