Military Brides
Options

When does it start to feel real??

It's officially less than one month until the big day!! It still hasn't hit me yet that in 24 days I'll be a Mrs. Whenever I come to TK and see the little countdown at the top I kind of think to myself "Holy balls only XX days left". I think part of the reason it still doesn't feel real is becuase it's been awhile since we've been able to see each other. I think it'll really hit me once I pick him up from the airport in a couple weeks and he's finally home. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to really think about anything. Time has been flying by though!!

Re: When does it start to feel real??

• Options
    It didn't hit me until the week before. It felt like I had a panic attack. 
    But then I was able to get everything done and so the couple days before including the day of, I was so relaxed and carefree and nothing got to me.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    It really hit me when I was driving back to my parent's for the rehearsal dinner. I was like holy crap this is it haha
  • Options
    Ummmmm....it still doesn't feel real? Haha. The marriage? For me? Doesn't feel real yet... The wedding felt real when I picked up the seating chart...sounds weird but...yep.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm with Amanda. Doesn't feel real to me yet either... lol. The day and the HM felt like it flew by, and since I'm still living states away from my H and seeing him occasionally, I still wake up some mornings feeling like I had a really detailed dream about our wedding but it's not here yet, then I look at my ring finger and realize... wow, nope it wasn't a dream!

It feels real when I am with my H, but since we're still not really settled into "married life" and we aren't seeing each other daily or even on a regular basis, it's different than I had anticipated.
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm three months away -- exactly. Sent out the Save the Dates, finished the Invitiations, have my dress bought but no it doesn't feel like anything. It actually makes me nervous. I would have thought it would have felt different. I feel excited but not. It's weird. I know it's coming up but I'm not like jumping with joy, but I'm excited. I dont know how to explain it haha
  • Options
    I just recently got engaged to my fiance', and he is leaving for Basic Training for the Marines. We are trying to plan our wedding for about two years from now, so I can have some college behind me, and so he can get through his training and his combat/schooling stuff.

Two years from now is a long way away, but thinking about the time that he is going to be gone and I'll be in school makes me know it will fly by.

How hard is it to request leave for something like getting married after he's been stationed?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards