Flowers

corsages?

Are parents and grandparents supposed to get bout/corsage?

Re: corsages?

• kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO yes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    From what I've seen yes.  We aren't doing bouts. because the groom and BM will be in uniform and aren't permitted to wear them so I decided not to give them to any of the men.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_corsages-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:cda69118-da20-4c02-99ef-9cf9595797a6Post:d6d2ab58-9382-4fcd-997d-33bde3afb806">corsages?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are parents and grandparents supposed to get bout/corsage?
    Posted by colourz[/QUOTE]

No.  No one is <u>supposed</u> to get them.  It is a very lovely gesture, though.  We have decided not to provide corsages or boutonnieres for our parents. 
  • edited December 2011
    YES!!!! ... no you don't have to do anything... but what a ridiculous place to cut !   this is as big a day for them as it is for you for crying out loud!
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_corsages-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:cda69118-da20-4c02-99ef-9cf9595797a6Post:af148631-3f9e-456c-9b9d-73b111400e4a">Re: corsages?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to corsages? : No.  No one is supposed to get them.  It is a very lovely gesture, though.  We have decided not to provide corsages or boutonnieres for our parents. 
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

wow that sounded pretty cold. we're including everyone. it's not a budget buster and i think its the right thing to do.
    Photobucket
  • WinterWed17WinterWed17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing them, but you definitely don't have to. I just feel it's important to honor our grandparents in that way. I actually care more about corsages/bouts for the grandparents than any bouquets for myself or brideswomen.
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, both parents and grandparents are getting bouts and coursages at our wedding.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I also think its customary to provide bouts/corsages to parents and grandparents.

The only wedding I've been to where parents & grandparents weren't honored with flowers was a wedding with no flowers whatsoever (no bouquets, centerpieces, etc).
    weddingcollage
  • edited December 2011
    I liked having them (MOB and MOG had nosegays, the dads had bouts...no grandpas still with us, and grandmas had corsages).  It made me feel special!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes we are doing bouts and corsages for parents, grandparents and people reading during the ceremony as well.  They are special people that should be acknowledged!
    "Came but for friendship and took away love" Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doping them for parents, grandparents and ushers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards