Florida-North Florida

Private Beach for Wedding

My fiance and I are planning a beach wedding in 2012 or 2013. We are inviting around 50 guests and we are going to pay for everyone's accommodation. The plan is to find a house with a private beach where we can have the ceremony and have fun till the early hours of the next day. We want to rent beach houses close by for the guests. I just dont know where to start looking for a house with a private beach! We are looking for a beach either in Alabama or Florida or Georgia or Louisiana. Can someone please steer me in the right direction here or let me know if you know any good places? I just started planning and I want to pick the venue first before moving on to the other details. Thank you for any help!

Re: Private Beach for Wedding

• edited December 2011
    I would google beach houses on the gulf in the area you are looking for. That's a great idea - we were considering doing that in my home town in VA but it didn't pan out. Good Luck if I run across any link's I will be sure to let you know - you might be able to call a reality office down there and they might know where to refer you to or you can search vacation beach rental properties in X and it might give you what you need as well.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    2nd the Gulf area recommendation! Especially further north in the Panhandle- like between Destin and Grayton Beach- gorgeous!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the suggestions. It helped me a lot to get going. We are thinking either an island close to Savannah or our second options are Destin or Dune Allen. We kind of want it to happen in a city which has a historic/vintage feel to it. Tybe Island had been our choice but heard weddings in beach homes are discouraged there. So, researching more about the islands close to Savannah. Thank you all very very much.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what the laws/restrictions for it are but St. Augustine has beaches and has that historic feel :)
  • edited December 2011
    also check out www.vrbo.com for vacation rentals - we had looked at some in St Augustine and they have some huge houses available :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards