Oklahoma

Random Question Monday

Why did you choose the date you chose for your wedding?

Missing our little turkey.
Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Random Question Monday

• edited December 2011
    I wanted a May wedding..it was too soon to do it this May sooooo 2012 it was..there just happened to be a Saturday in May that stuck out to me...the 12th!! So 5/12/12 it is!
  • HollieLynHollieLyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it was originally September 16, 2011 but when the venue we wanted had a cancellation July 1st, we jumped on the chance to move it up. So began my whirlwind planning!
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding day 10.15.2010 was exactly 11 years from the day we met (and we've been together ever since) so that's why I fought for that date.  Keith thought a year long engagement was too long, but I fought and got the date I'd hoped for.  lol

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Because I teach school so it had to be summer and I wanted it to be right after school, so I chose the Friday after school gets out..........I may regret that choice :-)
    Anniversary image
  • bikerbopbikerbop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We like Halloween and have an open house every year. Because of this, we chose 10.29.11. We're asking our guests to come in costume, will have an autumn style buffet stuffed full of comforting chilis, soups, breads, etc. and of course, being Halloween, a candy buffet.
  • edited December 2011
    OOOH Halloween is my favorite!! Those are going to be some great pics!
  • edited December 2011
    FI and and are both students and a lot of my family a) lives far away and b) are teachers, so we wanted summer so everyone could come.  We chose June because it's not quite as hot then, and we chose the 2nd weekend  because the first weekend is my sister's birthday, the next weekend is Father's Day, and the last weekend is FI's daugter's bday... we didn't want to share the spotlight! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I guess I'm the only one that planned it around a football schedule!  We wanted it to be early fall and OU plays that weekend but it's not a home game.  If we waited for a weekend they didn't play it would have been November and my best friend is getting married then so I didn't want to do that.  So, September 17th it is!
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    @brandi...We had thought of October but there WAS NO way we were going to chance our anniversary on a OU football weekend! lol..
  • edited December 2011
    Our date was originally August 7th. We were going to be back from the honeymoon JUST in time for me to start Grad school.... but the officiant we wanted was just getting back from a weeklong church camp and we didn't want him to be exhausted.  So we pushed it back a week to July 30,2011!
  • lnvane00lnvane00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We just got engaged in December 2010. I want a long engagement, just to enjoy this time in our lives and to have plenty of time to enjoy planning a wedding. 2012 just seemed like the right amount of time. And May just seemed like the right month. At first I wanted May 5, 2012 for the following reason,

4-4-10 he asked me to be his girlfriend (we were "official")
    12-12-10 he proposed
    5-5-12 wedding day.

See the pattern :) LOL

But I didnt like the idea of it being on Cinco De Mayo and a few other reasons, and something was just telling me that May 12, 2012 was perfect. So 5-12-12 it is!!! We book our venue TOMORROW! Im so excited!!

March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Oh we are date twins! What venue are you booking so I know that I don't need to look there!
  • matt&britmatt&brit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We really didn't want a summer or hot wedding so that put April- September out of the question. We also didn't want it around any holidays so November- January were out. February has both our birthday and Valentines day, so again that wasn't the right month.  That leaves March or October. We then looked at all the weekends and choose one in October.  So our date is 10-20-12, plus im a little OCD and all the numbers had to be even! Plus if you say it aloud it sounds REALLY neat! haha
  • lnvane00lnvane00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_random-question-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:127Discussion:0d526f72-8939-46a7-bc53-0e06d13fa1aaPost:79e5e72a-d700-42ff-808e-01043225f242">Re: Random Question Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh we are date twins! What venue are you booking so I know that I don't need to look there!
    Posted by okiediva[/QUOTE]

I am in Tulsa.. We are getting married and having the reception at Bridle Creek!!
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We wanted a Spring wedding and my parents 40th anniversary is 4/8/2012. So it has extra special meaning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards