Michigan-Detroit

Flowers, Tux's, Budget, Oh My!

Ok...So Just couldn't wait to share all the awesome WR Things we have going on!

1. Met with my florist (a friend of the family) and told her my budget, a measely $800, and she is going to do everything for us and only charge us the $800. So we are getting 2 AWESOME bouquets, 8 boutonerre's, 10 corsages, and centerpiece/reception flowers! I am so excited, this is the one thing I was soo worried about! She also is letting me use any/all of her vases, votives, etc. for free!

2. We've picked out tux's! We are going with brown tux's (I was a little worried this would look too "Something about Mary" but they actually are pretty sharp!) Anyone else get brown? Or have seen it? I'm curious to know how it looked!

3. We have cut our budget from 10,000 to 7,500! I am thrilled about this! And we've been able to up the guest list from 125 to 160!! 

Now I'm just praying that the reception venue will honor the $25 PP they wrote on the contract haha. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Flowers, Tux's, Budget, Oh My!

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations on the great price for the flowers and your budget-trimming success! I don't have any advice regarding brown tuxes, but if your FI likes them and if they will look nice with your BM dresses, then why not?
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks.
    We are doing brown tuxes and I am thrilled. They look awesome. FI is doing brown and cream, the groomsmen are doing brown and orange and the ushers are doing brown and gold. I love they way they look. I got mine from Miracle weddings in Dearborn Heights $108 including shoes and the groom is free!
  • baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_flowers-tuxs-budget-oh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:2364ecee-a0bf-41f9-b5c6-144f73fb3f08Post:a7204560-1277-4f8e-9c78-bfb9c9b7a560">Re: Flowers, Tux's, Budget, Oh My!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on the checks. We are doing brown tuxes and I am thrilled. They look awesome. FI is doing brown and cream, the groomsmen are doing brown and orange and the ushers are doing brown and gold. I love they way they look. I got mine from Miracle weddings in Dearborn Heights $108 including shoes and the groom is free!
    Posted by shesheduke[/QUOTE]
    No way!!! I will have to check it out. mens warehouse is $170 total. 
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it was hard to believe for me too and since we have so many people my groom and his son both get one free. Great customer service. They pick them up the Thursday before the wedding and it is due back the Monday after! $50 deposit from the groom to book the party and he will get back $40 when he returns his tux he has to pay for the cleaning of his tux and his son.

Hope it works out for you guys too!
  • baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_flowers-tuxs-budget-oh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:2364ecee-a0bf-41f9-b5c6-144f73fb3f08Post:645e1b82-d731-480c-ba68-cfde53b6385d">Re: Flowers, Tux's, Budget, Oh My!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know it was hard to believe for me too and since we have so many people my groom and his son both get one free. Great customer service. They pick them up the Thursday before the wedding and it is due back the Monday after! $50 deposit from the groom to book the party and he will get back $40 when he returns his tux he has to pay for the cleaning of his tux and his son. Hope it works out for you guys too!
    Posted by shesheduke[/QUOTE]
    Wow! Thanks for the info, we will go check that out!!! That's an awesome deal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards