Texas-Austin

Engagement pics are in! <3 A L Collective!!

Hi ladies -

Our engagement pictures were just posted on our photographers blog!! Wooo hoo! We absolutely love how they turned out! 

Seriously, if anyone is still looking for a photographer, I encourage you to reach out to these lovely ladies! Not only are they a blast to work with, they LISTEN to your opinions and your vision... and they make you look pretty. :) Ashley asked me what FI and I like to do in our free time and then put together the ideas for a shoot that I feel truly reflects our relationship and our style. During the shoot, she and Mandy made us feel so comfortable and were really able to roll with the punches (FI came up with the bike idea at the last minute. lol). And then to see our story in Laura's words... sigh. Just an amazing cherry on top of an awesome experience! :) I interviewed countless photographers before deciding on A L Collective and it was worth every minute of research. Hope I can help make the process a little easier for the rest of you brides.

Now what to do with these little gems... any out of the box ideas?? I know we're going to use them throughout our wedding website, on our save the dates and on the stamps for our invites, but any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,
Jenny

Re: Engagement pics are in! <3 A L Collective!!

• edited December 2011
    LOVE them! You guys are a gorgeous couple. Not too out of the box, but you could make a photo guestbook with them - that way guests can see all of them and you can have a cute sign-in book too!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• edited December 2011
    Yay!!!! These are our wedding photographers too! They turned out AMAZING!!! When is your wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, ladies! We had so much fun and I think it really shines through in the picures. :)

Reddie36 - A guest book is a great idea and something I've definitely thought about, but we really want to have a Dutch Wishing Tree (he's half Dutch) and I'm not sure we can do both?? We'll see. :)

BabyBlue - Aren't they amazing?? Have you met the girls in person yet? I read in another post that you were disappointed with your last photographers so I'm really glad you ended up going with A L Collective!! :) They've got such an eye for framing a good shot and capturing emotion. I could not be happier with them! Our wedding is March 24, 2012. When is yours??
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding in EXACTLY 3 months today!!! August 13th. I haven't met them in person, because of school schedules, but I talked to them over the phone and loved talking with them. Yes the last photographers we had really disappointed us. We lost money with the retainer, so we can't afford to shoot another engagement, but I wish we could. Yours look so natural, and that is what we wanted. We looked too posed in ours and it made me so sad. Ohhh well.. live and learn. At least we made the best choice by letting them go, and going with AL. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah - wishing trees are totally gorgeous and such a great idea. You will have so much fun reading all the wishes from guests on anniversaries! Maybe you could find pretty ornament type photo frames - like smallish ones - and hang photos from the branches, depending on how large of a tree you are creating? Or just frame some of your faves and put them around the tree. people will love it either way!!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• edited December 2011
    BabyBlue - Wow, only 3 months?! You are SO close! If you like natural (which is exactly what I was looking for, too) I really think your wedding pictures will make up for everything else. Those will be the pictures you look at every year on your anniversary, the pictures your kids and grandkids will see. :) Can't wait for you to share them!

Reddie36 - I LOVE that idea!! Photo ornaments... why haven't I thought of that?? And I'll bet I can find some awesome post-Christmas deals on plain gold or bronze ones! Ahhh awesome! Thank you :)
  • edited December 2011
    Your pics are amazing.  Congrats!!
  • edited December 2011
    You two are adorable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Angie10726Angie10726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to hear more about the wishing tree! What is that about? Share share! Laughing
    ~Angie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    the pictures are beautiful!

where did you get that white dress?? I'm in love with it!

• edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! I'm so sorry I fell off The Knot radar - FI and I just bought our first house so I gave myself permission to focus on the remodel for a few months and pick up wedding planning again in November (wedding is 3/24)... so here I am! :)

RoxieBee - The dress is from Bebe. It's made of linen with a little stretch so totally comfortable and form-fitting at the same time!

Angie - The Wishing Tree is a Dutch tradition where guests write "wishes" for your marriage on paper leaves or tags then hang them on a potted tree or manzanita branches. My FMIL is from Holland and we wanted to honor that, so we're using this in place of a guest book. I plan to scrapbook all the messages alongside pictures of the guests so we can look back on it in the future. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards