Maine

Destination wedding in Maine???

Penny622Penny622 member
First Comment
My niece is engaged and is planning on getting married next June in Maine.  She wants a very small wedding 50 or under on the water.  Any suggestions on a resort or inn?

Re: Destination wedding in Maine???

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    There are a few places on Peaks Island (off the Portland coast) that are gorgeous.  I think one is called the Inn on Peaks Island, but I can't remember the other one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Do you have a particular town or budget in mind? I am getting married in Kennebunkport over the summer and there are lots of options for inns there. Depending on budget, The Nonantum is nice, though pricey. Also, The Colony Hotel is beautiful. For a less expensive option, Stage Neck Inn in York has some great wedding packages (particularly if you book on Sunday). The York Harbor Inn has some nice packages as well, and their cake maker (Owen Dyer of ConfectionArt) is unvelivably talented. These are just a few suggestions for Southern Maine. There are TONS more.
  • We are getting married at Joseph's By the Sea in Old Orchard Beach.  Great prices, very laid back feel, and next to the beach.
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Has she checked out the Samoset Resort in Rockport?  Their outdoor, ocean front weddings are fabulous and they will cater to any size wedding.  It's also a beautiful place to stay, and with the option of rooms, condos, suites, etc., it allows everyone to be together in once place. That's something to think about when choosing a smaller inn.  Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_destination-wedding-in-maine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:078a2fa2-8f67-4729-a143-53e6046e124aPost:7643b9c0-c039-4872-be83-a120fb89165b">Re: Destination wedding in Maine???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at Joseph's By the Sea in Old Orchard Beach.  Great prices, very laid back feel, and next to the beach.
    Posted by charfield4[/QUOTE]

Joseph's would be perfect for 50 people- and it is right on the water.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge October- Honeymoon! 7 days in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards