Hawaii

I'm back! (Lots of pics)

3 weeks, 10 airports (not counting repeat visits), and the trip of a
lifetime across Latin America.  Just WOW.  It was so nice to finally
just get away, enjoy ourselves, and take in a totally different
part of the world.  If anyone is considering a trip to Peru, Ecuador,
or Costa Rica - let me know, we have plenty of advice :)

Thanks so much to Alyson for helping to keep things rolling smoothly
here.  Now, just a few of our photos for your enjoyment:

First stop, Machu Picchu, Peru. Simply breathtaking. 
(20110521)-[033732]-2221

Sunrise the next morning...
(20110521)-[040836]-2257

And the view from the Sun Gate with the perilous road you ride up to get there.  I posted a bigger picture for perspective.  It's simply amazing to me that the Incas saw these 10,000 foot peaks and decided it would be a great place to build a civilization.

Hands down, the best ceviche we've ever had (Peru)
IMG_1692

Espanola - crazy gorgeous island of the Galapagos
(20110526)-[131936]-3029

Really lazy sea lions in the Galapagos.
(20110526)-[123736]-2977(20110526)-[055319]-2707

100 year old giant tortoises
(20110527)-[062848]-3139

Monkeys in Costa Rica
(20110531)-[074209]-3333
More monkeys...
(20110531)-[074731]-3340

Ziplining in Costa Rica (this line was 1km long!!)
(20110602)-[123940]-3694

Costa Rican sunset (Guanacaste)
(20110603)-[160226]-3811

If you are ever in Peru, I think they have the best national beer I've ever tasted.  We've been drinking Cusquena for years since my first trip there, but this time, we discovered Cusquena Malta, a darker brew, and OMG YUM!!
IMG_1546

Re: I'm back! (Lots of pics)

• AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Argh, I wish I could see the pictures - I'm at work and they ban photo hosting sites.  I'll have to take a look when I get home - welcome back to the States!! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GORGEOUS!!!! Sounds just amazing! I want to go now :)
  • edited December 2011
    Omg love love love!!! It looks like a trip of a lifetime! That sunset is amazing & that island shot is post card worthy! Your camera is amazing. Id love to go to peru, so historical & insane to imagine living like the incas.So glad you guys had fun!
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Tanq so jealous!  Those pictures make me want to go on vacation right now.  Glad to see and hear that you had a fantastic time!
  • fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back, Tanq!!!  So glad to hear you had a great time on your HM.  It's well deserved.  :)

I spent a month doing fieldwork in Peru two years ago, so the photos make me miss it even more!  Ceviche...yum!!  Machu Picchu...breathless!!  Hope you had the time of your lives.  But glad to have you back - we missed you!!  :)

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! That all looks so incredible. I've been to a few places in central america but never south america. FI has said that he wants to go, but there are other places he'd rather go first, I should show him these photos.. I'm sure he'll change his mind :)
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto WOW...simply GORGEOUS...thanks for sharing, glad you two had an awesome and amazing HM and last but not least Welcome Back! J. Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  It was a blast and I'm really thankful to have had that time with DH to explore.  Such a great feeling. 

Fabutan, I am so jealous of your month there.  I'm trying to talk DH into spending 2-3 years abroad with me sometime...ideally Latin America.

Brea, if you need more compelling photos, let me know.  They look better in larger sizes :)

Also, in other news, we just got our AHR photos in the mail today so hopefully soon I can find some time to finally post some more of our wedding photos and some of the AHR too.  And then I have to write my Hawaii vendor reviews, sigh, which I am totally dragging my feet on because I have such mixed emotions about some of them.  :-/
  • edited December 2011
    Amazing Tanq! Holy cow, how gorgoues are those!

And a huge welcome back! =)
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    So jealous!!  I really want to go now.  FI is from Chilie, but he hasn't been there since he was a teen or so, so I want to go visit.  Peru has always been on my list for sure!!

• edited December 2011
    o.m.g. amazing pictures!!!!  I'm so jealous!!!
  • SunshinyLeesSunshinyLees member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow what kind of camera are you using? Your pics are out of this world Tanq! So crisp and clear!
    I need to go to that island in the Galapagos...looks like paradise! Did you guys do any scuba diving? I hear the diving is amazing there...on our list of places to visit for sure!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards