Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Mother/Daughter dance song!!

Hi I'm new to this board!!

My mom is the one giving me away and I wanted a speacial song for us for the dance but I wanted it to be a song song by a daughter to her mother!  Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Mother/Daughter dance song!!

• angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know any by a daughter but what about Because you Loved me by Celine Dion
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In My Daughters Eyes by Martina McBride is a beautiful song. My mom has it as my ringtone on her phone. :D

I Hope You Dance by Faith Hill is also a song from a mother to daughter

Turn Around by Nanci Griffith is a sweet one too.

I don't really know any daughter to mother songs but I think Every Day by Rascal Flatts could be a good one. You might want to talk to your mom about it too and see if she has any suggestions

• edited December 2011
    I think "I Hope You Dance" by Leann Womack would be perfect.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • wesbride11wesbride11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My mother is also giving me away and we are dancing to "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride.  My mom LOVES this song so when I asked her if she would like this song, she started crying so I knew that was a yes.  The lyrics are so meaningful to us because my father was never in the picture so she was my only parent.  Good luck.  I also think that song by Leann Womack would work too!!!  Happy Planning!!!

Kim

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BShreeveBShreeve member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy to talk to other brides who are  having their mothers give them away. My fiancee and I thought we'd just swear off the whole parent/bride/groom dancing thing, but perhaps I can do both. Although I admit, dancing with my mom in a serious dance makes me feel kind of goofy. Have you practiced how you will dance??

A great mother/daughter song is "Mother" by Tori Amos, but not to dance to.
  • edited December 2011
    You and me against the world by Helen Reddy
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_motherdaughter-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:27cacfec-34ae-4354-8704-2c91411e3079Post:b411795c-5a3b-49d7-80c0-ee32542371ac">Re: Mother/Daughter dance song!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so happy to talk to other brides who are  having their mothers give them away. My fiancee and I thought we'd just swear off the whole parent/bride/groom dancing thing, but perhaps I can do both. Although I admit, dancing with my mom in a serious dance makes me feel kind of goofy. Have you practiced how you will dance?? A great mother/daughter song is "Mother" by Tori Amos, but not to dance to.
    Posted by BShreeve[/QUOTE]

No we haven't practiced anything and you are right about feeling goofy!!  Maybe I can find a gospel song and have some one praise dance in her honor!!  I don't know what to do still!!  Glad I still have a year!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_motherdaughter-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:27cacfec-34ae-4354-8704-2c91411e3079Post:9e4d4d8d-a780-4548-a442-d2e84c49340e">Re: Mother/Daughter dance song!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mother is also giving me away and we are dancing to "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride.  My mom LOVES this song so when I asked her if she would like this song, she started crying so I knew that was a yes.  The lyrics are so meaningful to us because my father was never in the picture so she was my only parent.  Good luck.  I also think that song by Leann Womack would work too!!!  Happy Planning!!! Kim
    Posted by wesbride11[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch!!  I will look into both of those and see which fits us best!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one thinking of having a mother/daughter dance. I am also asking my mom to give me away. I wanted to a fun song/dance with her at the wedding but I can't think of anything. I wanted more of an upbeat R&B type song...nothing too serious. Any ideas?
    Married on October 22, 2011; For Sale - http://buymyweddingitems.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards