Arizona-Phoenix

Eloping?

My fiance and I decided last night to have an elopement style wedding, we were originally planning a 115 person lavish ceremony next April and we just decided that we are ready to be married now with our closest friends and family. Anyway, does anyone know of a good/cheap ceremony only location for about 15 guests?? (We will be bringing them all out to dinner following so we don't need a reception) in Mesa, Tempe, Sedona, Phoenix... ?? Pretty much anywhere, we are definitely open to traveling. We also talked about taking our Pastor and going to a nice park, I am just not sure which one, plus this probably won't go down till like June or July so it may be way too hot to do something like that. Anyway, let me know any input, I would appreciate it greatly.
Anniversary

Re: Eloping?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_eloping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:896360fd-6fa6-4a48-80c1-66c63c1a6f1dPost:c484a554-0338-4539-b288-6c6db41d240f">Re: Eloping?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Desert Botanical Garden has some really pretty ceremony only spots.  They have one at the top of the butte that is really small, probably 10-15 people, great view!
    Posted by LyndseylovesHugh[/QUOTE]

Was going to suggest the same! Good luck to you!
  • I don't really have any suggestions but I LOVE the idea of an elopement!  That's so romantic and what a story you will have for your kids!
  • edited March 2012
    Good for you! My FI and I always joke about eloping but in all honesty, we want the whole big traditional party. We're doing a day-after photo shoot instead at the spot where we thought was perfect for an elopement.

Merry-Go-Round Rock in Sedona. It's an off-road site but the spot is just steps away from where you would park your car (by car I mean SUV, truck, or Jeep) You're surrounded by the red rocks and have a view of the horizon. Just beautiful!
    Here's a pic below, but click on this (link) for a web album I found of a wedding with about 15 guests to give you an idea of where your guests would be (they'd have to be standing...there may be enough room for folding chairs). good luck!

Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Wow Merry-Go-Round Rock is friggin' beautiful!!!! Thank you for the suggestion! I knew that we were going to have to get out of the Valley but couldn't figure out where to go! anyway, I am going to be looking more into that place, it looks amazing! Thank you so much for the suggestion!! <3
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards