Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Clicky Poll- Brunch Reception Entrees

I am going to do a brunch reception.  It includes all the basic brunch stuff (fruit, pastries, potatoes, bacon, sausage, juices, etc.) but I can also select a few main entrees.  I know what I would personally prefer... but I would love to get a consensus on what other people would prefer at a brunch!  Thanks for voting!

Re: Clicky Poll- Brunch Reception Entrees

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for biscuits and gravy, but I also wanted to vote for French toast, Belgium waffles, and scrambled eggs.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for the croissant just because I felt like it was a good mix of bread, meat, and dairy. I think you couldn't go wrong with the french toast or belgian waffle though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote for french toast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for waffles, although french toast would also be fantastic.

Ham is kind of a staple at a lot of brunches too.  And makes it more on the brunch side than breakfast side. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted for waffles, but honestly I love it all. LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Strata, definitely. I'd do something savory, like the strata or croissants, and then something sweet, like French toast or blintzes.

I don't feel like spiral ham or scrambled eggs are really a "main course" though.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    amyb140amyb140 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for brunch receptions!!!  That's what mine is too - I LOVE brunch.  Here's my menu:

-Wine, champagne, mimosas, bloody marys
    -Still and sparkling mineral water, assorted soft drinks, flavored iced teas

-Selection of chilled fruit juices
    -Trio of seasonal fruit smoothies
    -Tropical fruit martinis with acai berries
    -Steel-cut oatmeal, dried berries, roasted walnuts and brown sugar
    -Mini pancakes, berry-vanilla compote, maple syrup
    -Grilled ham biscuit with creme fraiche, scrambled eggs, and Wisconsin cheddar cheese
    -Applewood smoked bacon and chicken-cherry sausage
    -Sweet pepper and onion roasted breakfast potatoes with rosemary
    -Scrambled eggs
    -Omelet Station:  Farm eggs prepared to liking by our Chef with a selection of:  Canadian bacon, artichokes, rock shrimp, smoked bacon, cheddar, feta, and Swiss cheeses, spinach, peppers, fresh herbs, smoked salmon, wild mushrooms, onions, teardrop tomatoes

-Roast beef carving station with red onion jam, tarragon mustard, Parker House rolls
    -Coffee and tea selection
    -Freshly baked butter croissants, assorted muffins and Danish pastries, banana bread and warm sticky buns, butter, jam, honey, and preserves
    -Wedding cake:  3-layer lemon cake with one layer of raspberry preserve filling and one layer of lemon curd, white buttercream frosting
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could vote for ALL of those but French Toast gets my final vote.

I wish I was having a brunch!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards