Rhode Island
Options

Dress Dilema

I purchased my dress from Cindereall's in W. Warwick last fall and had a great experience.  However, I have recently been informed that Cinderella's is not even an authorized retailer for the designer's dresses.  I even went so far as to contact the designer myself, and she confirmed that they no longer had a relationship with the bridal boutique as of August 2011.  I am totally stressing out!!  I would really like for them to give me back my deposit since I still have time to get the dress from another bridal shop, that IS an authorized retailer for my gown : (  How were they planning on getting my dress?? Were they going to just give me a knock off and hope I didn't find out??? *SCREAM*  I

Re: Dress Dilema

• Options
    I am so sorry to hear this!  I purchased my dress from Cinderella's and had a great experience however after I paid for the dress things went downhill.  Their customer service was lacking after I paid and then they screwed up my veil and could care less. I am very surprised they would be showing dresses without being an authorized retailer but nothing should surprise me now a day.  I can only advise to be persistent and see what they will do to rectify the situation.  Continue to call until you receive an answer, you may want to see if you can get your dress from another shop.  Good luck!
  • Options

Maybe ask the designer to write you a letter informing you that Cinderella's in not an authorized retailer. Then, with letter in hand, go to the shop to demand your money back. If they won't give it back, threaten to call the BBB on them and see if that rattles them - surely what they're doing is illegal? Get the owners name and see if he'll rectify things. If that doesn't work, I guess the worst situation is you lose your deposit? I know it sucks, but at least you didn't pay for the whole thing. You could probably even take them to small claims court if you really wanted to!
    I'm so, so sorry you went through this!!! How terrible... no one should f* with a bride's wedding dress!!

We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I agree with PP, I would also suggest threatening to call local TV stations, that is almost worse than the BBB because reputations are the most important thiing and if that is compromised, they may be forced to close down.

I had a bit of a similar situation with Wishing Well, where they ordered my dress 6 inches too short and then pretty much told me too bad, wear cute flats.  Then they proceeded to tell me to google solutions when they didn't give me any.  After freaking out a bit, I called and stated I would be calling local TV stations and letting them know that 3 months before my wedding, when a new dress couldn't be ordered, that they told me to google solutions instead of providing any themselves.  That lit a fire under their butts and called the seamstress who is a Godsend and is working with me to fix the problem.

dberrett had issued with her veil like the week of her wedding, but when you put pressure on the company, 9 times out of 10, they will rectify the problem or find someone who can.  I would get on them ASAP and only speak with managers/owners.  I would also write a letter, so that you have a written complaint as evidence as well to be able to give to the BBB.

GL with everything and at least you know you can get the dress at another retailer if worse comes to worse!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you ladies so much...I'll be sure to keep you posted!
  • Options
    Hi, I don't usually post on here, but I know Cinderella's is closed due to FRAUD.  I ordered my dress from Scott there as well, but they are closed with a sign on the door.  Please pass the word to everyone NOT TO USE THIS BUSINESS!!!!  They lied to so many brides, telling them they ordered designer dresses, when they were really from China!  I can't believe it.  Thought I would let you know. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards