Registry and Gift Forum

"Different" registry items

I love the idea of registering for homey things for our first place together, but I can't help but put a few oddball items on there. 

Games: Apples to Apples and Catchphrase are as big a part in entertaining guests as the silverware. (To me, at least!)
Barber clipper set: My FI will always have someone to cut his hair. Me!
Shower cd player/radio: Romantic tunes in the shower without fear of electrocution for the win.

How about you? Have anything different on your registry besides the usual kitchen tools and bath towels? I'd love to hear them!

Ps. Now that I know Amazon has a registry, there WILL be a Tardis cookie jar in our kitchen!
Wedding Countdown Ticker "You're a Disney princess. Girls like you don't go for guys like me." Well, I did. And now, "I do." :)Visit The Knot!

Re: "Different" registry items

• Those sound cute!

We didn't really put anything too unusual on our registry, but we did register for Miami Dolphins Tervis Tumblers from BB&B (fi is a huge Dolphins fan!).
    DSC_9275
  • We're asking for money for "Landmark Education" courses. This is good stuff ladies, very good for communication and living a big life :)
  • We are planning on registering for a bike rack for our car. Also a blow up mattress for any future houseguests! We want lots of fun things! No vases for us! And to make sure no one gets mad, these items are all wonderful gifts, not donations, and I wouldn't ask outright for them. lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_different-registry-items?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:6c72a554-6904-4e98-9974-82de91329b42Post:8c81402a-909a-4e88-a6ad-32fc6bef7ba2">Re: "Different" registry items</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're asking for money for "Landmark Education" courses. This is good stuff ladies, very good for communication and living a big life :)
    Posted by erinjeremygoulder[/QUOTE]
    Don't ask your guests for money.  It's rude.<div>
    </div><div>OP:  We registered for several board games - dinner party types.  We also registered for a pair of cordless XBOX controllers (we're both gamers).  Most of our regitry is upgrades though - suitcase, a wall mount for a flat screen TV, some nicer wine glasses etc.</div>
  • edited March 2012
    We registered for a bike rack and a tent from REI, plus some tools (put on our Amazon universal registry).  The last wedding gift we bought for someone was Taboo and Apples to Apples.  

And echoing ceh, don't ask your guests for money.  Plenty of people give money as a wedding gift anyway, and then you are free to use it for whatever you want.
  • Sometimes the random things are the things you really want. We are registering for random stuff for our home. If we could register at the Trek store we probably would.
  • We actually didn't register for too many non-traditional items. I registered for a fondue set. That was probably my "guilty pleasure" item. My parents had one when I was growing up, and we all really enjoyed it whenever they would bring it out.
  • I gave a game set to a couple one time.  It was a second marriage for both of them and I knew they were both homebodies so I thought they might like them.  We mainly entertain my FI's sisters and their husbands and kids, so cards and games are a good thing for us, too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_different-registry-items?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:6c72a554-6904-4e98-9974-82de91329b42Post:4bab11e2-d005-4014-8f66-6a4072628d89">"Different" registry items</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the idea of registering for homey things for our first place together, but I can't help but put a few oddball items on there.  Games: Apples to Apples and Catchphrase are as big a part in entertaining guests as the silverware. (To me, at least!) Barber clipper set: My FI will always have someone to cut his hair. Me! Shower cd player/radio: Romantic tunes in the shower without fear of electrocution for the win. How about you? Have anything different on your registry besides the usual kitchen tools and bath towels? I'd love to hear them! Ps. Now that I know Amazon has a registry, there WILL be a Tardis cookie jar in our kitchen!
    Posted by TangledMelody[/QUOTE]

<em>these are REALLY cool. i was thinking of what kind of quirky items me and FH could use. I stuck to homey things for now because we really need to upgrade! I might register for one of those digital frames that show slideshows of pics!</em>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards