New Mexico

ceremony location for small elopement

My fiance and I are consider just eloping when we go to visit hsi family in Albequerque in  december. I want a place that's super pretty, and I assume it will be chilly there in december so it would have to be indoors. We would only have about 5-10 guests there and probably only need the place for an hour. I did find a place I liked, but $1500 is crazy to rent a place for 2 hours. The whole point of us eloping is to save money, and until now we were planning a big wedding in my home town for about 5k. So I really don't want to spend more than like 1k-2k for the location, officiant and my hair and make up.

Re: ceremony location for small elopement

• edited December 2011
    There's a chapel at UNM.  It looks cute on the outside, I used to eat my lunch on a little hill in front of it.  I never went inside though.  I spent four years there and never went in.  A lot of people get married there!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks, I will check it out.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the UNM chapel. The requirement is that you or an immediate family member must be a current student or an alumni of UNM. It's costing me $250 to rent, but I think the prices went up recently. Even so, it's still one of the most affordable places in town, and it's a beautiful mission-style chapel.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Hacienda dona Andrea for their elopement services.  Its an hour outside of Albuquerque, but really pretty.
    Two Drifters Off To See The World...
  • edited December 2011
    thanks, we are looking into the garden center right now since it's the most affordable, but not very pretty. I don't think anyone in his family has attended UNM so I guess that it out, but I might ask around. It's possable his parents have gone there. If anyone else has any ideas that would be great. Right now we are hoping for about 15-25 guests, but in reality it will probably be 10. We have a reception location, but still no ceremony site.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Hacienda Vargas. They have a little chapel right there that would be the perfect size for your small wedding. These are a few photos that I took at a wedding that was there this summer. They didn't do the ceremony in the chapel because of the size of their event. They did a first look in the chapel though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards