Nebraska
Options

Cocktail Party in Omaha

Hi! I'm getting married in Maui but looking to plan a cocktail party in Omaha when we get back. Problem is I have never been there! I'm looking for suggestions for a venue - any ideas? Thanks!! Cheers!
BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 2/19/11 Missed M/C 3/22/11 @8w5d

Re: Cocktail Party in Omaha

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would start by deciding what type of venue you want, museum, ballroom, restaurant, wine bar, etc... There are a lot of great places and you can certainly get great advice from girls on this board once you decide what type of venue.

Next step is caterer... a lot of places in Omaha have contacts with specific catering companies (Hap Abraham and Brandeis are two of the biggest) so depending on where you want to have it you may/may not have to find a caterer.  If you do have to hire someone with a liquor license Cornhusker Beverage is a great company to work with.

You may also need to look at rental companies.  AAA and United Rental are good solid vendors with great selections of everything from china to linens and more.

If you need a florist, Frank Piccolo at Mulhall's is incredibly talented and affordable.

Write out an event plan and start asking for advice on your vendors, we'll be happy to answer your questions.  (You can also browse the history on this board.. you may find a lot of what you are looking for.)

Oh!  and Congratulations!
  • Options
    kmg977kmg977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want a nice restaurant with a great private room and easy people for work with I would check out Spezia Italian restaurant, or Upstream Brewary.  They both have great private rooms and great food, and cocktails.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hotels will have party rooms of different sizes.. I guess it depends on the number of guests.. the Magnolia Hotel downtown is beautiful
  • Options
    mannb32mannb32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a nicer bar type setting for your cocktail party, I've heard that Myth is nice. It's in the downtown old market area.  I'm not sure how many people it holds, but it has a lot of character!
    http://www.mytholdmarket.com/

*and I second the comment on Frank at Mulhall's--he is fantastic!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards