Florida-Central Florida

Packing... (esp for married ladies!)

I was packing last night and wanted input on anything you might want for a cruise that is easy to forget. I have the typical camera/charger and cellphone charger that people typically forget and clothes from theknot packing list but keep the idea comin ladies, please! TIA!

Re: Packing... (esp for married ladies!)

• edited December 2011
    Make sure to have fancy clothes for 2 nights (if it is a week long cruise) because they have two dress up nights. I wore a dress just about every night but nicer ones on the fancy nights.

BRING bug spray/insect repellent! I don't know where you are going but I got bit up when we were looking at the ruins in Mexico. It is better to bring it and not need it then to forget.

I'm trying to think if there is anything else that was a must have besides what you mentioned. Oh, bring a poncho! lol It poured on us and I forgot ours in the cabin! That is another just in case. I will let you know if I think of anything else.
  • edited December 2011
    bring a hat  (fun big beach hat I suggest!) and sunglasses, the sun is great but don't want your face all burned and will keep you cooler on those excursions.  Bring a jacket or shawl in case you get cold at dinner some evenings. Don't forget to have a blast!
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want some water shoes... some of the adventure excursions really do need shoes that you can get wet and won't fall off.

Some sort of scented spray is probably a good idea too... those rooms are pretty small and if the bathroom is smelly you'll want to spray it!

Tylenol, Motion sickness pills, and Aloe are also a necessity. (You need to be prepared just incase you need them.)

Oh, you're allowed to bring on a couple bottles of wine too, so you should bring those and a opener. That will save you some money too. (You can even chill it in your ice bucket and/or fridge.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cruises always have formal nights so you need a long formal gown with underwear, shoes and accessories to go with it.  You'll also need to dress up for most of the dinners.  They do not let you wear shorts (unless they are dressy shorts) or flipflops so you'll need a summer dress or skirt or nice black pants for every night that you eat dinner on the ship.  Don't forget several swimsuits plus a super large beach towel to lie on during excursions.  Suntan lotion, passport?  ID, credit cards.
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bring a bag for wet items, and room in your luggage for small souvenirs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards