We just found out last week that Fi mom has pancratic cancer and that it has metastesized (sp?). In other words, it stage 4. Fi and I are asking her if she wants us to move the wedding up so she can enjoy it (she is going to start Chemo soon and we know it isn't going to be easy on her).
I didnt' have a mother in law with my first marriage and FI mom is so wonderful. I can't believe that she has to go through this. Fi seems to be holding up well, meanwhile, I'm a mess.
If we do move the wedding up, we are looking at early April. We will probably just do the ceremony and a small dinner. And then we will still have the full blown reception in June (more like a family reunion for FI's family).
Neither Fi or I are prepared for any of this. Our lives are so crazy and they won't be slowing down until June (hence the June wedding date). IF we do this, I am hoping that we can just do the whole thing, reception and all (reception is at our church), just on a smaller scale. I want FI mom to be able to have fun and enjoy her baby boy's wedding.
Any positive thoughts or prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.