Second Weddings
Options

the wedding night plus the kid?

I have a 9 year old.  And a fiancee, I've told my daughter that she has to figure out where she wants to be on the wedding night, because my Df and I will be in the bridal suite,
And a very close friend was telling me about how he & his new wife and their collective 3 kids all climbed into the bed at the bridal suite and watched the Three Stooges all night long, bonding as a family.
So what did you do?

Re: the wedding night plus the kid?

• Options
    SueR13SueR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad our kids are much older so we don't have to deal with that issue. Ours are 40, 37, 24, 21 and 19.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 112 Invited image 80 Joining the fun
    image 30 Missing out image 2 are total flakes
    RSVP Date 07/20/10
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine are 17, 14, 11, and 9.  They will be with the nanny. 

I have to keep it respectfully kid friendly almost every night of my life - the honeymoon is going to be noisy, so watch out people at the Inn. ;)
    10-10-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right on Melissa!

Our wedding and wedding night are about my finace and I, while the kids will be included, it's not their committmed being shared with all of our friends and relatives.  We will be celebrating our committment to each other w/o the kids that night.

I think having a big family bonding night on that particular day is setting an odd tone to the union!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 65 asked to watch us make it happen
    image 51 helping us party
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a 10 year old and a 12 year old, and a FI.  :)  The kids will stay with my sister the night of the wedding.   I agree that a family bonding night is a bit odd, but to eash their own.  As for me, the wedding night will be about the commitment to my new husband, and my kids are completely on board with this.  In fact, they are planning an "after party" for themselves and their cousins.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WE have a 13 and 14 y.o. and having a DW. Our accommodations in the hotel will given them separated but shared room (my teen along with my middle son and his daughter with his mother) so from the beginning there will not be a reason for them to come to our suite on the wedding night. As a matter of fact, they will come back home with family members while we will stay there. But, on the night before the wedding day, I am thinking about spending some night time just with all my kids while FI can be with his and we can have some family time.
    And I swear to God that if someone try to mess my wedding night out, they will see a big sample of  a full charged Italian temper!!!! Yell
  • Options
    embracejoyembracejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boy am I glad FH and I don't have children!  One less thing to worry about... ;)
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    immediately after the reception ended @ 5 pm, we all went back to the hotel where we had a room and they had a room nearby.  We changed out of the wedding attire, into bathing suits and took a very relaxing swim in the hotel pool.  We then opened the gifts that had come to the wedding, then ordered pizza, hung out in our room and had a family dinner- which included my brother and SIL.  Everyone was wiped, so at a later point, everyone went back to their rooms.  My kids were 14 & 16 at the tiem.

Melissa- I hope your get the decibel level wedding night you are looking for.  But, I gotta tell you, we didn't get around to that intensity for days.  Part of it was sleeping (or lack of sleep) due to unfamiliar beds, the stress of hosting and then there was crazy cross country travel. We laugh about it now, but the sheer exhaustion of the whole thing really knocked me for a loop.  The 3 other couples at the dinner table the first night of our honeymon cruise may have thought I was   totally drunk.  It was 8 pm (which was 12 or 1am my time), I'd been up since 3:30am and I could barely keep my eyes open and my head out of my plate.    ~Donna
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have four kids 23, 20,17 & 10.  FI has 1 daughter who is 11.  After the reception, My oldest son and his wife will be going home, while the rest of the kids will head back to the house and my Aunt will be staying the week to keep things under control.  FI and I will be heading to our hotel for the night, We have an early flight out to Fla. for our cruise.  Our wedding night is for us, as well as the honeymoon, that's why we're going away:)  We'll all have plenty of time when we get back to be a family.  This week is ours....AND I CAN'T WAIT.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

How about a wedding night with the kids AND the family??  Actually its going to be really nice.  We are renting a large cabin in TN for the weekend for all the guests and us to share.  My kids are 11, 13, and 15 so aren't likely to come busting into our bedroom, especially with a houseful of cousins, built in movie theater, game room etc.  We are used to sneaking around anyway- it adds to the fun!  But we really want to have time to spend with our closest friends and family while we are all in one place.  We will have the rest of our lives together.  Not sure if I would have the kids in my bed though.... hmmmUndecided

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It was really important to me to have the night with just FI.  Our kids will go home after the reception and the next day we will have a family brinch since our check out time is at 11.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We will be on a joint family vacation when we get married next summer, so other family that will be down in Myrtle Beach will keep our kids for the night. But even if there isn't someone there to keep the kids, I wouldn't stress about it.

Don't you do the deed when your daughter is home and asleep?? I know we do....Or we would never have time to ourselves!!

I guess it just wouldn't bother me to not have the "wedding night" because we already live together, have a child, and it's not very different from "other" nights in that sense.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a choice thing.  I have 2 children that will be with their gmom;however I like that idea. I wont be doing it but I like it.
  • Options
    mbvalentinembvalentine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My 16 year old will have a room in the Inn where our wedding will be held for the wedding night . We leave at 5am the next morning for our "Familymoon" - yup me, my fiance and my son will be heading to Disney.  My son has grown up so fast -  we have a few short years to spend with him before he is off to college and on his own... My fiance and I will have the rest of our lives togher.  This was my fiance's idea by the way.. so sweet.. and one of the many reasons i said yes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards