Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Withdrawal

I am totally going through wedding withdrawal.  My wedding was perfect and I wouldn't change anything but I miss all the planning.  I miss having a purpose.  I'm finding it hard to focus.  I don't want to throw any of the stuff away (I let DH throw away rsvp's yesterday but it was hard). 

It just seems like it is all fading away as we come up to one month married.

Sigh....

Anyone else??

Re: Withdrawal

• I haven't thrown away our RSVPs.  They are in a wedding memory box.  There are always new hobbies to fill your time with.  I fill my time with designing how I want our new home to look and going furniture shopping and looking up art and stuff online  I also like to research all the financial stuff.  I researched the best IRA for us and set that up, did all the new budgeting and bank accounts, I'm going to research life insurance.  Then there's all the name change stuff and picking pictures for the album and making a honeymoon album and video and picking out pictures to frame.  All that stuff takes tons of time.  You can also throw parties and use your new kitchen appliances.  I'm really excited to host Thanksgiving this year so I'll probably spend time looking up fun recipes to try.  I've already tried a couple new recipes that use my new stand mixer.  
  • I'm going to write a book and try to become a yoga instructor!   I think it's great that all the planning is done.  Think of it as freedom to do or become something!  The possibilities are limitless.
  • I feel the opposite, my wedding is still like 8 months away, and I am totally sick of planning and budgeting.  I want to not have to pinch my pennies anymore and I can't wait to focus more of my attention to remodeling my kitchen and start cooking classes.  Don't get me wrong, I am super excited for the day I will marry my fiance, but I am ready to move forward and away from this wedding fiasco.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_withdrawal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:05f50743-bdfd-44e1-a040-9673041c618aPost:831f38f9-c1e4-44a6-a24a-7e913ce78650">Re: Withdrawal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel the opposite, my wedding is still like 8 months away, and I am totally sick of planning and budgeting.  I want to not have to pinch my pennies anymore and I can't wait to focus more of my attention to remodeling my kitchen and start cooking classes.  Don't get me wrong, I am super excited for the day I will marry my fiance, but I am ready to move forward and away from this wedding fiasco.
    Posted by mm133123[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't come on here often but I just wanted to comment on this.  I felt that exact same way, I was so over the wedding planning.  And after it was over, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.  Loved the wedding, Hated planning it.  We also are remodeling are kitchen and it has been great working on that project.  Funny how I find more and more people like me, I just wanted to get married and party, not plan it.  My one regret, not hiring a wedding planner.  </div>
  •  I wish I could have a wedding planner too, but luckily my sister has been very helpful with scouting out vendors and such.  I am paying for the majority of my wedding, and I keep thinking, ugh I'd rather spend the money on my kitchen renovations.  But it is important to have a nice wedding day b/c you can't do it over.  My mentality is set and and forget it, until the day of that is! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • But Marhefl, are there any other things that you could focus your energies on?  Maybe take some cooking classes, art classes, take up an instrument, get involved in a charity... there is so much you can do!  I think when something as big as a wedding consumes your extra time, it is only natural to feel the withdrawal... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Felicia, it is a really good investment.  Good luck with your kitchen renovations, I hope it goes well for you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_withdrawal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:05f50743-bdfd-44e1-a040-9673041c618aPost:5bb8dc6d-d50c-4ad3-9a3d-3a4a47582237">Re: Withdrawal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Felicia, it is a really good investment.  Good luck with your kitchen renovations, I hope it goes well for you!!

<div>You too!  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_withdrawal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:05f50743-bdfd-44e1-a040-9673041c618aPost:b5686d85-7e8c-4725-a8a9-87d3e3d84926">Re: Withdrawal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Withdrawal : We are doing the same thing !!! it is def money well spent!!! Hope it's what you wanted!
    Posted by tyingthe.knot[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, good luck to you as well.</div>
  • I know what you mean when you say withdrawal.  I am not a person who is the center of attention on a general basis, but renewing my vows with my husband was like having the wedding I never had.  And I was the center of attention for at least a few days.  I have to say I enjoyed it!  I am also in withdrawal.  I was so thankful all the planning paid off and event was a hit, but now what?  I have my house in order as we have been married 10 years.  I need a new project.  Something new to look forward to!  I don't know what to do with myself! ha ha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_withdrawal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:05f50743-bdfd-44e1-a040-9673041c618aPost:831f38f9-c1e4-44a6-a24a-7e913ce78650">Re: Withdrawal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel the opposite, my wedding is still like 8 months away, and I am totally sick of planning and budgeting.  I want to not have to pinch my pennies anymore and I can't wait to focus more of my attention to remodeling my kitchen and start cooking classes.  Don't get me wrong, I am super excited for the day I will marry my fiance, but I am ready to move forward and away from this wedding fiasco.

I was the same way, my wedding went perfect wouldnt change one thing I had a blast and it was the best party i have ever been to but so glad all the BS planning and people putting their two cents in is OVER! the morning after my wedding i felt so calm i loved it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards