Wisconsin

Searching for reception location in Sturgeon Bay

Hello all,

My fiance and I just got engaged 2 weeks ago.  We're setting our wedding in October of 2012 and are looking at Oct 6th.  I live in Green Bay and he lives in Sturgeon Bay and we're having it in SB to avoid any possible Packer home game that weekend.  We have a church picked out but are having trouble finding a reception spot.  We have 150 people, just family over 15 yrs old, in our first count for the wedding/reception.  I'm working on my Master's degree and he's starting school again this year so our budget is extremely limited.  By that, I mean we're under 4,000 for sure. 
I would prefer to support an non-profit but am willing to take any suggestions.  I've tried getting ahold of people from the Knights of Colubus or the American Legion but no one has called me back from those organizations.  As I said, any and all suggestions would help us.  I've looked through other posts that have been done on this forum with no help.  I want to get the date set and can't do that before I find a reception venue. HELP!

Re: Searching for reception location in Sturgeon Bay

• KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend had hers at Stone Harbor, which was beautiful, but probably pricey.  Check out Cave Point...it's gorgeous!! I think you would have to rent a tent, but it would make for stunning pictures
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at Wavepointe Resort and Marina, it's a little bit out of town but pretty much on the water.  They are soooooo nice. Any questions I had they pretty much said "Whatever you want, it's your day"  They can usually only hold 130 guests in the bar and restaurant but they just did a wedding to fit 180, I think people were sitting at the bar.  My site fee is $400 and I think I budgeted the food at $2000.  Which might be over your price range but I love them so much.  I recomment emailing Theresa, her email is on the website, ask about seating and she can send you a packet through the mail.  You never know but I love them so far.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions.  We are going to go with The Draft Haus.  They've been extremely accomodating with our budget and number of guests.  I would highly recommend them to anyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards