Attire & Accessories Forum

Justified in being mad?

I want to keep my dress a secret from my fiancee, and I think I am going to put sleeves on it. My future MIL asked me over dinner when I wanted to go get the sleeves for my dress, and then other people were asking me about it in front of my fiancee. Today my fiancee asked me if I had called the dress shop yet since his mom was asking him about it again. Is it ok for me to be angry and hurt in this?

Re: Justified in being mad?

• I don't think I'd be hurt but mad, yes. And I only think you're justiied in it if you've made it PERFECTLY clear to your MIL and everyone else that you want it to be a secret. Maybe you just need to remind them?

Good luck - I put sleeves on my dress too and I love them!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_justified-in-being-mad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:e422be3e-9a1a-4be6-b77e-1002580ba5f8Post:7791bff1-8645-4c67-ad10-7b726b922527">Re: Justified in being mad?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think I'd be hurt but mad, yes. And<strong> I only think you're justiied in it if you've made it PERFECTLY clear to your MIL and everyone else that you want it to be a secret. Maybe you just need to remind them?</strong> Good luck - I put sleeves on my dress too and I love them!
    Posted by soontobehosford[/QUOTE]

<div>agree</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I'd be mad too.  I'm keeping mine a secret as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards