Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sunday afternoon

2»

Re: Sunday afternoon

• Snips, is that your usual reaction when she goes in the house? You may have caught her off guard/scared her. Still not okay, but that definitely doesn't sound like normal Lucy behavior
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ddb9cdfd-4ce5-471c-989f-c275716be5bfPost:1bda452a-adfa-4cf4-858a-adbc4e44e7b7">Re: Sunday afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin -- we closed on our short sale 60 days after the offer was placed.  Not every short sale takes 9 months.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm hoping ours takes a little while. We are in a lease until August so we don't want to double up on rent and mortgage for more than a month or two.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ddb9cdfd-4ce5-471c-989f-c275716be5bfPost:7d2569cd-436a-49d4-9590-76026c96fc97">Re: Sunday afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snips, is that your usual reaction when she goes in the house? You may have caught her off guard/scared her. Still not okay, but that definitely doesn't sound like normal Lucy behavior
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]
    Yes it is my reaction. And no it's not normal. She tried to snuggle up to me after but I wasn't really in the mood, know what I mean?
  • Cry

I can't read anything

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Me either Lynda. It's all gone.
  • Is it bad I'm getting into Lifetime's Kiler Sunday Marathon?  I'm on my third movie and I'm sure I will watch the Drew Peterson on next Embarassed

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I've spent all afternoon watching Once Upon A Time. If we had Lifetime, I would probably be right there with you.
  • Lynda, that's totally acceptable television viewing.  I'm hooked on the NCIS marathon right now - I've never watched NCIS before, and it's surprisingly entertaining.  Also, I can only see like 4 posts in this thread that supposedly has 30+.  Way to go, TK IT.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • My movers are finally here and moving like fiends.  I'm feeling relief and anger at the same time.
  • I guess the Craigslist killer never watched Law and Order, NCSI or any show on the Discovery ID network.  He left so much evidence around no wonder he was caught so soon.

• I haven't seen the Drew Peterson movie but it's creepy since it wasn't far from my house. H and I went to the winery and did a wine and cheese pairing. Yummy. I picked up some almond milk bread there and now I want to make French toast with that for dinner.
    Photobucket
  • Yay Mica.  Do you have a lot to move?

• thats not cool Snippy

• Well my post is off in a parallel knot universe board somewhere
    Photobucket
  • Erin I hear you on house prices. I'm terrified to start our search.

We visited the big dogs today. They're doing well. Love to see us, hate when we leave. Lucas helped his coworker replace her laundry room door. Since her cat was run over she doesn't need the cat door in to the laundry room anymore, and apparently Patch (our beagle husky) kept sticking his head through there and getting stuck. Silly doggy.

We've been cooking since we got home. I've got meatballs in the oven and spaghetti squash in the crockpot. I'm also going to cook up some omelet muffins so we can have those for breakfast through the week.
  • Damnit, damnit, damnit.

I f***ed up.

I have an old friend. We used to be very, very close when we lived in the same town.  Due to changing circumstances (I moved to NOLA, she joined Peace Corps, etc) we grew apart but always kept in contact via FB and stuff. 

A couple weeks ago she told me she was going to Florida to visit a mutual friend of ours and asked if she could crash on my couch on her way there.  I figured that was fine because it would be a one night stopover as she drove on her way to Florida, and she's a lot younger than me and hasn't started a career yet so I figured it would save her the cost of a hotel room.

Well, I just got a facebook message from her letting me know that her flight gets in on March 15 at 10 AM and leaves on Tuesday March 20 (I have no idea how Florida fits into that equation at all).   I want to see her and everything, but I was not expecting to have a house guest for 5 nights. H and I are both so busy with our jobs and we don't even have a guest room or anything.  

I wish I could go back in time and take away my couch offer....but I am pretty sure I am stuck. 
  • That sucks NOLA.  I'm good with guests for a few days, but 5 is over my limit

• We made penne with vodka sauce for dinner and it was waaaay too much vodka to be edible... :( I am still quite hungry. And the freaking burger king nearest to us must be pumping out their burger stench because I could smell it while walking the dog :( 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards