Indiana

Unfortunate Event of the Week FML

On friday, October 1, I was spending some girl time with my MOH and I ended up getting the 24 hour flu (oh goody). It was horrible and we were supposed to go to a faire to see a few bands that were playing. I tuffed it out and went anyways cause I didn't want to disappoint her since I already promised her that I would go. Once we got there and we walked around for a little bit, I noticed that my finger felt a little "naked". I looked down at my hand to find that my engagement ring had slipped off!!!! I panicked and started to look for my ring, retracing my steps 3 times. My MOH and I had no luck finding it. I cried, knowing that someone must have picked it up. I tried going to the lost and found place at the faire but no one had turned it it. I was so mad and frustrated, and to make things worse, it was my mom's wedding ring that she had gave to me as a wedding gift. It was so special to me cause it was hers. It was the worst day that I had ever had so far. I did tell the FH and he was a little upset, but he did understand how upset I was.  I honestly don't know what to do and I can't help but stress about it.Cry
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Unfortunate Event of the Week FML

• edited December 2011
    That's terrible!  I'm so sorry :(  Do you have insurance on it or anything?  I think sometimes they'll help cover the cost of a replacement.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Nope,...didn't have insurance on it. I didn't know I could get it insured. Frown I feel dumb.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call whoever does your homeowner's or renter's insurance.  They might be able to cover it.  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    We decided to get a new ring since we couldn't find the other one. I'm still a little sad about it though. This time we will get the new ring insured!!!!  >.<
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My FH gave me his mom's old wedding ring, I thought it was sweet. Then I found out today that my MOH found my old engagement ring in her car. YAY!  I'm so excited that my MOH found my lost engagement ring, but now I don't know what to do with it cause the FH gave me his mom's. Should I keep his and give my mom back her ring? Or should I keep my mom's and give back the FH mom's ring?
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards