Military Brides

It's Freakin Weekend!!!!

Any amazing plans?!!

For me.  Just work!!!  I took a side job at a golf course driving the beverage cart and I really love it.  I'm so weird.  FI is going to be gone for quite a while and I like to stay busy and the extra money and the sunshine is awesome and I get to golf for free!!!!  I have a better tan up here then I ever did in OK!!!  This is definitely not the picture I had of Alaska before moving up here.  I pictured igloos and Eskimos all year round!!!! It actually reached 90 today!!  

Re: It's Freakin Weekend!!!!

• and I just realized that I left out "THE" in the title...  Sometimes I get ahead of myself when I type!!
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    I am completely bored out of my mind.

I expected to be sad and all with H being gone. Nope.. just tears of boredom. I can't find anything that I really want to do. Read a chapter in my book.... get bored... try and play games on my phone... get bored... watching TV... BORED.

I swear I have Adult ADD... I suppose everyone handles deployment differently.. Ha.. I just get totally hyper and anxious. 

I totally need a drink. If my throat didn't hurt I'd be all over a bottle of wine.

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_its-freakin-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:14921995-e54c-4628-9dca-cc7103e71ca1Post:3be85f79-0748-490a-a505-3bb32b7033d8">Re: It's Freakin Weekend!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am completely bored out of my mind. I expected to be sad and all with H being gone. Nope.. just tears of boredom. I can't find anything that I really want to do. Read a chapter in my book.... get bored... try and play games on my phone... get bored... watching TV... BORED. I swear I have Adult ADD... I suppose everyone handles deployment differently.. Ha.. I just get totally hyper and anxious.  I totally need a drink. If my throat didn't hurt I'd be all over a bottle of wine.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

HA I'm the same way!!!!! I get so bored so easily which is why I took a a side job.  I worked it today and even stayed later.  I hear ya on the drink!!!  I serve people all and I must say I get so jealous at times!!! 
    I really like wine!  But I'm definitely not a wine connoisseur!!! What are some good wines?!
  • ...I like the stuff in bottles... HAHA...

THere was this delish wine that H and I got from "France" when we were at Disney. Good Lord that was fantastic wine. I wish I would have kept the bottle, so I remembered what it was...

I am also a HUGE fan of Moscato. Expecially the Yellow Tail. It even has the twist cap so I don't feel like I need to drink the whole thing at once. 

Photobucket
  • I think I've had Moscato before.  Have you ever had the Cupcake wine?  I've heard it's good.  I really want to try it!!! 
    I've always been a beer girl!  I also love a girly coctail from time to time too!  Wine is new territory for me, but I'm enjoying exploring it! 
  • edited June 2012
    Cupcake chardonnay is my favorite! I've been watching Greys Anatomy all day. I'm so lazy
  • Blaaahhh, I'm so bored that I just agreed to help my parents mow the lawn and clean up the yard at their old place. On the bright side, I got to have dinner with part of FI's family last night :) it was actually quite pleasant.

So right now, I'm getting ready to get my sweat on while pushing a mower. WOOO!!!

I'll be back later ladies!
  • FI and I took the dog to his first obedience class yesterday, it was fun and I think it's going to be good for all of us. We finally went grocery shopping, which was amazing. I'm so happy to have food in the house again! We dropped off my wedding band to be sized and I got to look at tons of gorgeous estate jewelry, which was pretty awesome. 

Today is probably a cleaning day and getting ready for the week. We'll hit the gym later, Lord knows I need to, I've only been about twice in the past week. Oh, and got our electric bill. We went from just under a hundred dollars to $227. Argh. Need to get some of those sunblocking curtains to maybe help with the energy costs because it's not getting any cooler for at least 3 months. 
  • ZeldakinsZeldakins member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_its-freakin-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:14921995-e54c-4628-9dca-cc7103e71ca1Post:72319b6e-2638-486c-9623-95526aab4e05">Re: It's Freakin Weekend!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I took the dog to his first obedience class yesterday, it was fun and I think it's going to be good for all of us. We finally went grocery shopping, which was amazing. I'm so happy to have food in the house again! We dropped off my wedding band to be sized and I got to look at tons of gorgeous estate jewelry, which was pretty awesome.  Today is probably a cleaning day and getting ready for the week. We'll hit the gym later, Lord knows I need to, I've only been about twice in the past week. <strong>Oh, and got our electric bill. We went from just under a hundred dollars to $227. Argh. Need to get some of those sunblocking curtains to maybe help with the energy costs because it's not getting any cooler for at least 3 months. </strong>
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]

This is my major concern with moving right now :/ I'm trying to find as many energy saving tips as possible. Maybe we should have a energy saving tips thread for a day or so....that would be awesome. :)
  • This is really my first weekend home to relax since our HM. I know I kinda fell off the face of the Earth, haha. 

I got back from our HM June 6, but have been busy at work and catching up on things, and drove to see H on my long weekend off last weekend. Comcast still hasn't hooked up internet to our apt yet, so I couldn't post anything while I was there either! We've been settling in on my trips to visit so that's nice; now I am just anxiously awaiting being able to move down to be with him all the time! (For anyone wondering who may care, I'll AW about our wedding when we get our pro pics back, probably some time next month. Our photog said to expect 2 months. He told me he took over 3,000 pictures!)

This weekend I am spending some time with my horse and catching up with my family... nothing huge in my plans :)
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_its-freakin-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:14921995-e54c-4628-9dca-cc7103e71ca1Post:462342e9-dc94-4537-826e-f2f8002c307d">Re: It's Freakin Weekend!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]...I like the stuff in bottles... HAHA... THere was this delish wine that H and I got from "France" when we were at Disney. Good Lord that was fantastic wine. I wish I would have kept the bottle, so I remembered what it was... I am also a HUGE fan of Moscato. Expecially the Yellow Tail. It even has the twist cap so I don't feel like I need to drink the whole thing at once. 
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

If you love Moscato you'll love Ice Wine. so freaking AMAZING! The only problem is its pretty d@mn expensive.
    I want the COOOOOKIE!
    Credit to Awkward Family Pet Photos
    http://tiny.cc/kpfcdw
  • As for my weekend plans, H got in last night from a Month long TDY so we've been chilling. Tonight we are having some friends over for dinner/BBQ and perhaps some Wii Dancing if we get drunk LoL.
    I want the COOOOOKIE!
    Credit to Awkward Family Pet Photos
    http://tiny.cc/kpfcdw
  • Fire: Your sig pic is soooo pretty. I was kind of wondering where you'd gone, but I'm glad everything is getting to normal, if slowly. Can't wait for pics. 
  • As you know my original weekend plans go screwed up so I texted one of the girls at work and offered to pick up any shifts if needed.  I ended up working 7P-3A last night.  The local bike festival created a fiasco in the ED as expected.  If people would not drink and ride and would just wear helmets...ugh.  Today I have just been hanging around doing nothing which I am perfectly okay with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_its-freakin-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:14921995-e54c-4628-9dca-cc7103e71ca1Post:86b18529-296d-4cf0-b98c-302627f18904">Re: It's Freakin Weekend!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Freakin Weekend!!!! : If you love Moscato you'll love Ice Wine. so freaking AMAZING! The only problem is its pretty d@mn expensive.
    Posted by crimewatcher[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Where do you get Ice Wine? What type of wine is it? </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>But... I just realized I had cases and cases of beer left over from the wedding. Maybe after 1 case I wil start tol enjoy it. Maybe?</div>
    Photobucket
  • And my weekend has taken a new turn.  Apparently there were additional people that decided to drink and ride motorcycles so I got called in to work for 4 hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got to drive to Jacksonville Florida and back today! H owes 5.5 hours of whatever I want haha. (I cut it down from 7 because it only took a total of 5.5 hours instead of 6-7)

I'm getting ready to head home to buffalo this coming week. I'm soo excited to go home and eat so much food and gain so much weight. I love Buffalo food. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_its-freakin-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:14921995-e54c-4628-9dca-cc7103e71ca1Post:2d40bdc3-6c9f-4c9c-91dd-dbdd8d3c5c57">Re: It's Freakin Weekend!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fire: Your sig pic is soooo pretty. I was kind of wondering where you'd gone, but I'm glad everything is getting to normal, if slowly. Can't wait for pics. 
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]
    Agree!!<div>
    </div><div>We spent the weekend with my dad at the CT shore and then at my uncle's retirement party today. Lots of driving but it was great to see family! Now just laundry and being lazy! I have an interview on Tuesday so tomorrow will be prepping so as not to sound like an idiot. </div>
  • In Response to Re:It's Freakin Weekend!!!!:[QUOTE]I got to drive to Jacksonville Florida and back today! H owes 5.5 hours of whatever I want haha. I cut it down from 7 because it only took a total of 5.5 hours instead of 67I'm getting ready to head home to buffalo this coming week. I'm soo excited to go home and eat so much food and gain so much weight. I love Buffalo food.nbsp; Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

Whoa! Isn't it getting hit by a tropical storm now?
    Photobucket
  • Amanda it was really dark when I dropped him off but we went earlier. We left beaufort at noonish and got lunch and whatnot. I dropped him off at the airport at 3pmish and then left. I missed all the rain, thank god. Otherwise he would really be owing me right now haha.
  • The weekend was very uneventful.  I has a couples baby shower.  Why I don't know.  I mean it is not the mother-to-be can drink and there were a crap ton of drunks there so I just wanted to get the hell out.  I was able to get back to the beach at a good time so I was able to have some Fun in teh Sun- Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards