Washington-Seattle

Vintage/antique style venue recommendations?

We are newly engaged (3 weeks!) and are scouting out venues in the greater Seattle area (within 1.5 hours preferrably). We have fallen in love with a venue that might be too small for our 125-person party (The Wayfarer on Whidbey Island - http://www.whidbeyislandwedding.com) so we need to keep our options open. We are thinking September, open to the first weekendin October, outdoor ceremony with indoor reception option.

Any recommendations on a vintage/antique style venue like The Wayfarer that could hold our party? Thank you in advance!

Re: Vintage/antique style venue recommendations?

• I'm getting married at the Monte Cristo Ballroom in Everett. It's a 1920's style building and because of their affiliation with a historical bureau, they're required to follow paticular requirements. I haven't been married yet, but I highly recommend them. They have an all inclusive option which includes a certificate to use a local printer and bakery. Their food is amazing and if you do a tour, they give you a great dinner.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married August 03 next year and am having a vintage garden themed wedding at Weyerhauser Estate, it's an early 1900's brick mansion on a beautiful 5 acre estate. You can get married in the rose garden on a gazebo over looking the puget sound. Its located in Tacoma and the company blue ribbon who hosts events out of the venue offers great wedding packages for catering, decor, flowers, etc. It has such a romantic feel to it

Congrats ! & good luck!
  • If you like castles, Thornwood in Tacoma is beautiful. Prices are very reasonable. They also have a big garden you can use for ceremonies.
  • 2nd that! Thornwood is beautiful! we checked it out but the only draw back is that they shut things down at 10 pm which we thought was a little too early as we are having guests coming from out of town.
  • We looked at the Wayfarer and ended up going with Fireseed Catering (on Whidbey) for our wedding of 110.  It has a beautiful restored barn, the owners are proffessional chefs that cook from their very own organic garden, and you get the venue from Friday night to Sunday morning!  It's $2000 for the venue rental during summer months.  Dave (the chef) also handles hiring all the equipment rentals, and his wife  Dawn (the pastry chef) acts as the day-of wedding coordinator.    We're getting married 7/27/13, so I can't say anything about how it will actually all work out, but they've been incredibly helpful and responsive so far!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards