Oregon
Options

Are Bridal Shows Helpful?

Hi Ladies.

I'm writing an article on whether or not bridal shows are helpful to the planning process and I would love it if you would lend me your thoughts.

What I want to know is:

Have you attended bridal shows in the last two years and which ones?  Which one did you like best and why (if you went to more than one)?

Did you hire any vendors that you met at these shows?

Was it helpful to your planning process to attend the bridal show(s)?  Why?

How did you hire most of your vendors and find your venue?

I'm hoping to write an article for a local publication and your insight would be invaluable.

Thanks!

Re: Are Bridal Shows Helpful?

• Options
    MrsQ2011MrsQ2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have attended bridal shows in the last two years. I live in a smaller town in norther oregon and have gone to my area bridal show that last two years. It brings together local vendors, local dress designers/makers, as well as a david's bridal dress show.

While I dont recall hiring any vendors that I hired specifically many of the people there gave me great ideas and advice on planning my wedding. I found my venue because of the advice from a woman running an invitation company and found really great DIY projects for my wedding from local vendors.

If my venue was not, for the most part, all inclusive (catering, linen, etc) I am confident that I would have hired vendors from the show.

In my opinion bridal shows are most beneficial for brides that are just starting off in the planning process (i.e. they have a date and thats about it) you can get in contact with a great amount of information at the shows.

For a bride that had most of the details figured out the shows are more for enjoyment, picking up some last minute ideas, a chance to win some great prizes, and just having some time to be in the bridal spirit.

I hope this is somewhat helpful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    southpaw97209southpaw97209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, Mrs.Q!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards