Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Good Morning

Good morning everyone.   How is everyone doing?  Last night I was lazy and didn't do too much. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Good Morning

• Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!  I'm still recovering from what I think was a sinus infection.  It won't just go away.  Very frustrating!  I went to class last night and was so BORED that I left halfway through, which I should not have done, but I was falling asleep sitting there.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Hey!

Yeah I have had a sinus infection that I can't shake either. I'm hoping with spring approaching I'll feel better.

So last night I had to stay late at work, so boo on that. Very, very hectic day. FI came home though and took me out to dinner so neither of us had to cook. He always makes me feel better :-)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    morning!  I went to lady gaga last night after working a 12hr day, and im surprisingly not tired.  I thought she put on a fantastic show, and I got amazing seats for pretty cheap through my work, so that was fantastic.  Today I'm hoping to get some laundry done... clearly a much more chill night than last.
  • Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh MD I'm jealous.  I saw her Labor Day weekend, and I would've seen her this time around, but she was in Pittsburgh on the night of my wedding so that wasn't an option.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ash she was fantastic!  Love a show with tons of energy.  She did this new song called "You and I" and its slower but was SO good- sometimes I forget that she has a fantastic voice.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning... well afternoon really, ladies!

Last night I got home from work and took my puppy for a long walk - she really needs it! She's been couped up in the apt because it's just been too darn cold to go outside! Anyway, we got back and I had some cereal and finished up my invites! Now all I have to do is print the return address on the backs of the envelopes and buy the stamps - which is a whole other story...

So yesterday I got the direction inserts and brunch cards printed, so I took a fully assembled invitation to the post office to see what the damage would be... well, the guy informed me that it will be $1.05 PER ENVELOPE to send them out!!! Omg, I was freaking out! The reason it's so much is because the envelope is considered 'oversized square' and if it were only 1/2 smaller it would have only been .88 - there was a .20 some cent up-charge for simply being square (which I knew about) but 1.05? Seriously - ugh... FML. So total to post the envelopes + RSVP return envelopes it will be about $400 - I'm beyond upset about this but there is really nothing I can do at this point... I'll just have to suck it up and pay.

Ash - I just got over a nasty sinus infection! I had to get some meds to kick it - maybe you should go see your doctor?

md - the Lady Gaga concert sounds like a BLAST!! Sorry you had to pull a 12 hr day though :( Hope you can relax a bit today!
  • edited December 2011
    GMC- Oh no!!! I can't believe it cost so much! The envelopes I picked out will be square too... I wonder if I should reconsider now and get a different shape? I really like the square ones though....
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-162?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:458caa90-1854-4ddb-a8cc-2c7937a13a0fPost:ffdc98c1-4d1f-46b5-9a36-b8e322744db3">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]GMC- Oh no!!! I can't believe it cost so much! The envelopes I picked out will be square too... I wonder if I should reconsider now and get a different shape? I really like the square ones though....
    Posted by sarilynnep[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew there would be a small up-charge (.20) but they were considered 'oversize' so that's what brought it up so high! Maybe go to the post office and check as to what constitutes 'oversize' square - I think he said 6" and mine are 6.5" - figures!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-162?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:458caa90-1854-4ddb-a8cc-2c7937a13a0fPost:f62628d8-a8eb-488d-9aa1-c7538ac19f89">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning : Yeah, I knew there would be a small up-charge (.20) but they were considered 'oversize' so that's what brought it up so high! Maybe go to the post office and check as to what constitutes 'oversize' square - I think he said 6" and mine are 6.5" - figures!
    Posted by gmc22[/QUOTE]

Oh that is so frustrating! Well I haven't ordered them yet (I found ones I love on Magnet Street.com) but I think they have the dimensions on the website. That will be helpful to know if they are oversized. So they upcharged it due to the oversize, not just the weight? Geez.. the things they charge for!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-162?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:458caa90-1854-4ddb-a8cc-2c7937a13a0fPost:aa0cf3c7-1c35-4e1e-88b8-771c0579473a">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning : Oh that is so frustrating! Well I haven't ordered them yet (I found ones I love on Magnet Street.com) but I think they have the dimensions on the website. That will be helpful to know if they are oversized. So they upcharged it due to the oversize, not just the weight? Geez.. the things they charge for!
    Posted by sarilynnep[/QUOTE]

Well, the initial 20 some cent up-charge is simply for being square - then based on weight mine WOULD have been .88 if they were not oversize, but since they were, it came to $1.05 - Definitely check  as to what constitutes oversize b/c IMO it's not worth paying the extra... unfortunately for me, they were already addressed and ready to go or else I would have gotten smaller square envelopes!!

FWIW my invites are 5.5" square, and the only reason I got the 6.5" square envelopes (as opposed to smaller) was because that was the only size they had on cardsandpockets.com - GL!
  • edited December 2011
    That is ridiculous that they charge that much just because they are square. Not to mention 'oversized'. I think I only have to send about 75 out, so I shouldn't be in too bad of shape if they are really pricey, but it just sucks that on top of everything you pay for in a wedding, you have to pay extra for something like that :-( 

It might sound silly, but are there some invites you can deliver in person? Like to family or coworkers? I know that my FI and I have had some that people just passed out to us. It was actually kinda nice to get it in person. Even if you could hand out just 20 or so it would help cut some cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards