Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Hello-o-o-o-o? Hello-o-o-o-o-o-o?

Is there anybody here?  Let's have a NWR poll.  Lurkers (which lately has been all of us!), too.  :-) 

1. What is your current occupation?

2. If you had to quit your current job and do something completely different, what would you choose?

3. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?

4. What hidden talents/party tricks do you have?

5. What is your excuse for not posting here lately?  ;-) 

Re: Hello-o-o-o-o? Hello-o-o-o-o-o-o?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I'm a graduate student in environmental chemistry. 

2. If I had to change careers, I would open a bakery.  Which also means I would promptly gain 300 pounds of bread goodness, but it would be worth it!  ;-) 

3. I really enjoy playing computer or board games with DH and some friends, or if the weather's nice, go for a hike in a nearby park.

4. My shoulders are double-jointed.  Sometimes it's annoying and painful, but usually it just makes a good party trick.

5. I haven't really been around TK much lately, and now that I'm married I don't have WR questions to ask, so I haven't had much to say anyway. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I do marketing and creative adversiting

2. Finish law school and become a lawyer for a non-profit org.

3. Make goodies in the kitchen!

4.  I can shotgun a beer quicker than most boys ;)

5.  I'm married, pregnant, and tired... what do you want from me?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WHOA. My old siggy comes up... not my current one??  Strange.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

1.  I am a funeral director

2.  I would love to be an event planner.  Probably why I love my job because a lot of being a funeral director is being an event planner.  I always say planning a funeral is kind of like planning a wedding, but you only have 3 days to get everything done. But seriously I think it would be incredible to do it on a larger basis.

3.  I love to play games or watch any type of sport.

4.  IDK . . . none that I can think of. That's kind of sad.

5.  I have been lurking a lot, but we are getting so close to the wedding date (12-18-2009) I guess I haven't had a ton of time to post or anything interesting going on.

• Options
    BabyRN2006BabyRN2006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_hello-o-o-o-o-hello-o-o-o-o-o-o?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:80Discussion:9f7b3bce-7073-4108-8556-00f14c480a2fPost:8d8725a7-a8bf-4d67-bbf6-2ff983e5bcc0">Hello-o-o-o-o? Hello-o-o-o-o-o-o?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there anybody here?  Let's have a NWR poll.  Lurkers (which lately has been all of us!), too.  :-)  1. What is your current occupation? 2. If you had to quit your current job and do something completely different, what would you choose? 3. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time? 4. What hidden talents/party tricks do you have? 5. What is your excuse for not posting here lately?  ;-) 
    Posted by ScarletGem[/QUOTE]

1-RN

2-I would love to be a photographer

3-Spend time with DH, doing things outdoors

4-I can't think of any

5-I've been hanging out on the nest more. And now this new format is really really slow on my computer
    TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
    IVF w/ICSI - 15R, 12M, 10F - transferred 2; froze 3
    Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320
    7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) 7/31 168 bpm (8w6d) 8/22 170 bpm (12w)
    EDD 3/6/13
    Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13
    my read shelf:
    Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

1. Learning & Development Consultant (trainer)

2. Event Planning

3. watch bad reality tv, knit, hang out with friends/family

4. i don't that i have any hidden tricks/talents....
    5. i primarily lurk on the nest now and am also in the last part of my master's program, so that is keeping me busy.

• Options
    edited December 2011

1. I am a Kindergarten teacher
    2. I would open a flower shop

3. I like to sit at home and do nothing (I don't have  alot of free time)

4. I will have to think about that one a little more
    5. I have no good excuse for not posting here...just lazy and busy I guess

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Sales Administrator
    2. Go back to Event planning or day of coordination
    3. Love to be with Hubby and family. College football, shopping, but most of all, time to just do nothing!
    4. I enjoy cooking and scrapbooking (when there is time for both)
    5.There haven't been many posts to reply too :). As for my creating posts, my planning is all wrapped up and I was busy seeing family and getting married...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. full-time agricultural education student in missouri

2. if i could quit school i wouldn't work and i would stay home with our future kids and take care of the house work and help my dad more on the farm

3. spend time with my fiance doing whatever (especially driving around)

4. wiggle my ears, make weird noises

5. i'm still pretty new to the site and i'm busy w/school, plus i go home every weekend and i'm not usually on the net when i'm at home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Technically, I'm called an "Animation Artist," but I mostly make visual aids and presentations for lawyers to use during trials.

2. I don't feel like a real artist at my job. I'd like to build a studio in my home so I could paint and work with glass. I'd also like to learn how to sew and build up my graphic design skills.

3. I like working on house projects with my fiance. I also like to watch movies and Hulu when I'm feeling less productive.

4. Nothing exciting or unique that I can think of.

5. I haven't quite gotten into the forums and boards aspect of wedding planning yet. I spend a lot of time trolling Google Reader though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  Family Consultant with Boys Town of Iowa

2.  Be a stay at home mom! ;)

3.  Wedding planning of course!  But when I don't do that I love going shopping and spending time with my niece and nephews.

4.  That's tough, I don't know.

5.  I haven't been on because most of my wedding planning is done.  When I first started planning I looked on the boards all the time for advice and reviews of vendors.  This is a great resource for beginning your wedding planning. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards