New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Riverview

Hi... has anyone attended  or had their wedding at the Riverview in hastings or the westchester manor? I'm curious about the food... any good

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Riverview

• Options
    edited December 2011
    HI!
    My best friend got married there a few years ago & they did a wonderful job!  I also attended a small anniversary party there 2 weeks ago & the food was sooooooooo delicious!!!  I definitely recommend you go there if you love it!  The grounds are pretty & the view is gorgeous!!  Good Luck! HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry!!  I was talking about the Riverview!  I also have been to parties at Westchester Manor but, I don't like rooms without windows, I feel too closed in, there are no natural surroundings there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my engagement party there. Food was absolutely fab! it is an underrated venue, for sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI...been to riverview years ago....so can't recall!

But just was at westchester manor for a gala event in september!  Cocktail hour wasn't so great...but there were definitely some decent food so it could have just been their choices.
    My entree...prime rib was fantastic!  Cooked just how we like it ( rare) and it was delicious.
    Also, the pasta they served was delicious...penne vodka which I normally don't care for, but it was really good!
    Salad was also good....so the food is good!  The service is good!  The cocktail hour could have been better, but again it could have been the choices that were picked! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Riverview isn't bad, but you should know that the Metro North train runs right through their property. I've been to a wedding there where the ceremony was on site and outside and it was interrupted at least 3 times. The officiant literally had to stop and wait for the train to pass and then continue. If you won't be getting married there then its not a problem, but if you do plan to get married on site its something you should be aware of.
  • Options
    md2034md2034 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone for the feedback! We actually just booked a venue in New rochelle. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards