Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Good Morning!

Getting ready to head to work.  It's been a long few days.  My grandma is not doing well.  They put her on hospice yesterday and stopped treatment, we thought it would be soon after that that she would pass.  I sat there with her until after 11 last night and she was just sleeping.
I am anxiously awaiting a phone call.  I just feel so bad for my grandfather, who had to bury his son in July and soon his wife.  It was heartbreaking watching him.  She was pretty confused because she's not getting enough oxygen to the brain.  But then she'd seem fine.  It just seemed like he was on a rollers coaster of emotions.

The waiting is what's so hard.  I think we have all accepted it and now we just have wait for her to be ready to go.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *hugs* drink!  I'm so sorry about your grandmother.  T&P for your family and esp your gpa. 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cass, I'm so sorry to hear about this :(  Hugs to you.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Drink.  I hope your gma is not in any pain and goes peacefully.  T&P with her, you and your family!

Good morning everyone else!  I am tired.  I think I could have used a couple more hours of sleep this morning.  I have a long staff meeting today, so I won't be around much.

On a positive note, I got a call from a recruiter for a pre-screen interview.  I should hear within a few days to a week whether I'll get a real interview.  The position is something I really want, but the pay would be about the same as where I am now.  What's funny is that this electronic system that has been the bain of my existence for 2 years is something that they use, and I'm the first candidate who has experience with it.  Oh, the irony. Tongue out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    drink - I'm so sorry to hear that T&Ps your way.
    MH - good luck.  I hope you get the job.

Bridesmaid dresses finally came in for ladybugs wedding yesterday.  I'm going to get mine altered tonight.  Can't believe her wedding is in less than 2 weeks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear. Both of my grandparents passed away last year, my grandmother first and then my grandfather soon after. My grandfather was even in pretty good health, I think he just had a broken heart. I feel very sad for your grandfather too. I can't imagine much else worse than losing both your child and your spouse. 

On an unrelated note, drink, how was the PRAXIS? I was home sick yesterday and barely went on the computer. Mine was ok, I'm sure I passed but I was really sick and kinda rushed through it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    Good luck MH!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

Drink - I'm so sorry to hear that. T&P

MH - Congrats!

FI had practice last night until late, so I spent the evening pampering myself - took a bubblebath, gave myself a facial, painted finger and toe nails, dyed and shaped my eyebrows, super-conditioned my hair. It was amazing.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Hil!

Well last night I ended up at Patient First.  I thought I had some kind of poison ivy rash on my knee, but then... well it just got gross.  So i'm on antibiotics with cellulitis.  Hopefully it goes away before my cruise... but they gave me 10 days of antibiotics.  So that will cut back on my alcohol expensives... BLA!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My eyes welled up reading that Drink, so so sorry.  I hope she passes and will be out of pain soon.

GL Hil :)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone

the praxis wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. i am pretty sure i passed.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning everyone!

Drink - sorry to hear about your grandmother. Our family went through the same thing. I sat by her bed almost 24 hours a day for 2 weeks until she passed. It was very hard. T&P to your whole family, especially your grandfather.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning everyone!

Drink, T&P. We've gone through this a few times with my grandparents and it's never easy. My heart goes out to you and your family, and your grandma for everything to be peaceful. And I hope you did well on the praxis.

MH- good luck!
    Mana- that seriously sucks. :(

FI and I went out to dinner last night, (yes, steak, use your imagination) and then hung out at the house with DD last night. She's doing a little better- she finally slept through the night, but I slept too long, and came in late to work. Boo.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    drink - I'm so sorry to hear about your gma :(   We've been up and down for a couple months with DH's gma so I know its def not easy.  T&Ps to you and your family

MH - whoo hoo! good luck.  Your fellow job hater wishes you lots of luck ;)

Morning!
    hopefully this day goes by fast!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Drink- I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Hil- good luck and I hope you get an interview.

Nothing exciting here.  My lost phone is finally dead.... I guess it's time to go back to my old even crappier one. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to be a brat and say:

Weather in the Bahamas for next week is high of 80, lows in the mid 60s... 10% chance of rain...

/brag
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cass, sorry to hear about your grandmother.
    Hopefully she passes without pain and much more waiting.
    I remember putting my mom in hospice...the next week or so were the rough...

Which PRAXIS did you take.

Good morning to everyone else, I don't work until tonight so I am hoping to knock out some school work from now til noon, then go pick up my Jeep (which right now I think would be cheaper to drive off a cliff) and then back to work.

It is our annual preseaon meeting at McFaddens, and to be honest I could not be more excited that its only like 17 more days away!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Drink - T&P to you, your gma, gpop and family. I know how hard it is - I pray she isn't in pain and can pass easily knowing she has a loving family who will always remember her and keep her memory living well into the future. ::many hugs::

MH- Good Luck!!

Morning. Today sucks, but will hopefully go quickly. I'm definitely still trying to adjust to this time change and very tired because of it.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mana, hush. :)

It's cool. I'll be saying the same thing in a few months about Antigua. In December. Bwahaha.

PS- I believe someone is heading to Fiji in a few weeks.... :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Haha I know you'll be doing the same thing too!  We need this vacation more than anything.  We have a rule about no talking about money, school, getting out of the Army, or anything else that's stressing us.  I didn't include the house since it's not stressing me until it's time to sign 30 years of our lives away...
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so stupid.  Instead of laying low this morning like usual, I shared my plans to get a cab downtown for our meeting.  Now I have the whiner and the work unloader getting in the cab with me.  FML.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Morning Ladies!

Drink - T&P to you and your family.

Hil - good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I decided it is a good idea to start to potty train little A, not so smart though cuz I know her dad is not going to do it later, and he will just throw a diaper on her. ugh.
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Drink - So sorry to hear about your Grandma. Thoughts and positive vibes to your family and especially your Grandfather.

Good luck Hil!!

Good morning lovely ladies! I haven't been to the gym in a few days and I think it's effing up my sleep schedule. I've had serious insomnia for the past 3 days. My boss is out today so I think I'm going to leave a bit early and get a long run in and hopefully I will sleep tonight.

Last night we had a meeting with the church and figured out all of the details of our wedding day/ceremony! It's finally starting to feel real for me Laughing

Also, I have my hair trial tonight! Tongue out
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, just wanted to point out that my ticker says 1 MONTH now!! Wink
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-223?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:1933cb2d-40ff-45e1-a670-a1245fc2e7e0Post:82a113ee-65f5-4647-a741-ffb7ef6b125c">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, just wanted to point out that my ticker says 1 MONTH now!!
    Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

whoo hoo!

;)
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    morning!

drink- sorry to hear about your grandma. t&p to you and your family.

yay lemma!- i feel like mine will never say that. haha

b2b- saw your b-party pics, looks like you girls had a blast!!
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    YAY LEMMA!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Drink - T&P and hugs for your gma. I know this is a tough time for you and your family so I wanted to let you know that I can relate and am thinking of you.

Lemma - Woohoo! Won't be long now =)

Everyone else - good morning! I had a meeting with a printer this morning so I am just getting on and trying to catch up on things..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Drinks {{{big hugs}}} and T&P for your whole family.  I'm glad your PRAXIS wasn't that bad, though.

Morning to everyone else! 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards