Massachusetts
Options

Beauty recommendations in Western Mass.?

Hi all!
I am getting married this coming August 2010 in Northampton, Mass. and am really stumped as to where I should go for wedding day hair/makeup. I am not from the area originally -- it's the groom's hometown -- and I am not familiar with local salons.
I am willing to travel up to an hour away from Northampton for hair/makeup on the wedding day. I'm not picky about most things, but am about these. It's an outdoor wedding and I want the hair/makeup to look natural, beautiful and not too cheesy. Let me know if you have any recommendations!

Re: Beauty recommendations in Western Mass.?

• Options
    s44honeys44honey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Joseph Steven's Salon in Springfield. Thats probably 20 - 30 minutes away from Northampton. I know there are salons closer but I dont have any experience with them. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Try Ochoa spa and salon, it's in S. Hadley.

August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Ochoa recommendation (at least for hair). I worked at a Boston salon in the Mandarin Oriental for about six months (as a side job) and I am kind of a snot about my hair. I met Jamie when she styled my hair for my engagement pictures, and liked her a lot. When I got my pre-bridal consult done with her, I was in love. She is SO talented. I wasn't crazy about my pre-bridal make-up, but I talked to Jamie about it and they are going to do another consult with me (for free!) when I'm back in town for my shower, so I'll let you know about that, but seriously, I cannot say enough good things about the salon. 
    160 image 99 image 13 image 48 image
    RSVP Date: June 18th
  • Options
    ELesleyELesley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much -- I will definitely check out Ochoa!
  • Options
    cdream05cdream05 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Simply Skin by Angela Grace in Westfield for make up.  She will travel to you & she rocks! I just had my makeup trail this past Sunday and it came out great!  She is doing the make up for my whole wedding party too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards