Michigan-Detroit
Options

Day of schedule question

My ceremony starts at 4 PM, and my salon has scheduled the entire bridal party to get hair and make up at 9 AM.  Does this seem a bit early?  We have no plans after hair/make up other than a few pics and the salon is located about 1/8 of a mile from the church. 

I am thinking of asking them to make it later, but don't want to make people rush.  I also know that my wedding party will not appreciate beginning a day that ends at midnight or later that early.

Re: Day of schedule question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that seems a bit early.  I am also trying to figure out my day of time line, so I'm kind of useless with suggestion of time but 9 does seem too early, especially if you want the girls to get together and do breakfast to start the day. Time frame also depends on how many girls are getting their hair done and how many stylists you have.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I purposely scheduled my hair/makeup to start at 9 am and my ceremony doesn't begin until 4. I want to make sure that (even though I had a trial) if something goes wrong with my hair that there will be plenty of time to re-do it. Figure an hour to do hair, an hour for makeup, time for breakfast/lunch, relax time, perhaps this could be a time for your girls to open BM gifts if you don't give them at the rehearsal.

My salon is about 45 min away from my church, so I also had to figure that in there too. The groom and groomsmen have to be at the church by 1:45 for formal pictures and my bridesmaids and I will be arriving closer to 2:00. I just think I'd rather have too much time than not enough...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I had my hair/makeup person come to me at the hotel at 11 AM. My ceremony started at 4. She did 7 people total. She was just a little rushed, but not too bad. My church was about 15-20 minutes away from the hotel.

I think 9 AM is a little too early, I would say try to push it to 10:30, depeding on how many girls you have in your wedding.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dude... I want to wake up at 9am if I'm in your wedding. You can probably push it later - especially since it's so close to the churchy church church (I'm in a silly mood.. sorry)
  • Options
    Kimbus 87Kimbus 87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everyone else that it would depend on how many people are getting their hair done. We were at the salon at 830. There were 2 people who did our hair: myself, 4 BM and my 2 FG (my kids). We got done about 12ish which gave us enough time to go to Subway for subs and get to the church at 1230. We then ate and got ready. Pics started at 130 for our 3pm wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have hair and make-up scheduled to start at 11 am, and our ceremony is at 6 - so it sounds like the same time frame.  We're arriving to start pictures between 4:30 and 5, and it takes approximately 5 minutes to get back to my parents house and get dressed, and then about a half hour to get to the venue.  IMO it would be better to have time to spare than be pressed for time, but since your venue is so close I don't see any harm in pushing it back about an hour or so.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards