Flowers

Painted flowers?

Has anyone ever had painted flowers?  I just went to see a florist and she suggested that she could paint gerbera daisies in my colors. I love the daisy but it doesn't come in my colors, turquoise and eggplant. The painting is some kind of floral spary that actually preserves the flower. If anyone has pictures that would be even better.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Painted flowers?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan.  If I'm going to have real flowers I prefer them to be in their natural colors.  And remember, your flowers don't have to be in your wedding colors, they can be contrasting.  I'm sure your BM will be in your colors and contrasting flowers will make them pop.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our florist is painting most of our flowers with the floral spray.  We're having roses & babysbreath & she'll be doing the tips of the roses & the whole pieces of the babysbreath.  She did some while we were in her shop getting her prices & I loved the way they looked!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

Ok I used to be a florist for 8 years.  This is not something good florists will do.  If you like the gerber daisies use them in white as an accent color or use them in your bouquet if you are doing a white bouquet.  Try to incorporate your colors with ribbons around the base of the bouquets.

Also the spray doesn't really preserve the flowers.  The spray is made especially for flowers so that it won't kill them like traditional spray paint does, but the flowers will wilt in the same amount of time as non-sprayed ones.

• wilder322wilder322 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

So I had the florist make me a bouquet with the sprayed flower. I'm not sure why people don't like it, it doesn't smell or change the texture on the flower. I've had them in water for 4 days and they still look good. I'm definitely going with this florist. I'm just soooo much more excited that I can get the flowers that I love in the colors that that I want!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards